***UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AND PROFIT SHARING $$$***
An opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic organization. Our business, unique in Canada is facing significant expansion and requires an individual who is motivated to confront the pending challenges. The company is located at Derry & Tomken in Mississauga, ON and offers a PROFIT SHARING program, a competitive compensation plan and a benefit package for all its employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs daily routine, corrective and preventative maintenance, troubleshooting on plastic extrusion lines, downstream equipment and packaging machines.
- Orientation and ability to follow complex systems with attention to details.
- Operates under detailed instructions and specifications and requires considerable ingenuity to improvise and adapt when necessary.
- Employ a proactive approach to problem-solving and feel comfortable with hot machinery.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe production environment based on local regulations and codes including all tools and equipment related with the maintenance department.
- Ensures and enforces that all safety devices are working properly and follows the food safety protocols.
- Completes records and paperwork in a timely manner including preventive maintenance reports and work orders.
- Have positive attitude and strong ability to work under pressure with others in a fast paced and team based environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Required Experience and Education:
- Electrical and Millwright license OR extensive experiencein industrial electricity and mechanics in an environment dealing with rotating equipment, power transmission systems, motion control, welding and machining.
- Should have strong mechanical and electrical skills. Automation skills is a great asset.
- Orientation to precision reparations, ability to troubleshoot.
- Preference will be given to those candidates with 3 years experience in electro-mechanical equipment, including plastics transforming, industrial automation and fabrication.
- Good understanding of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent willingness to learn.
- Able to respond to the needs of a multi-shift operation, including weekends.
- The position requires rotation shifts every 2 weeks (day, afternoon and nights)
- Ability to work under pressure in a high paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to overcome challenges and successfully execute projects.
- THE COMPANY offers great benefits, salary and an excellent working environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 to $35.00 /hour
- mechanic: 3 years (Preferred)
- industrial controls: 3 years (Preferred)