Your overall responsibility is to clean and maintain the guestrooms to hotel standards while ensuring guest satisfaction.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Hotel standard is to clean 16 rooms per day
- All rooms to be cleaned according to company standards
- Strip and make all beds in guest rooms according to company standards
- Clean all washrooms in guest rooms according to company standards
- Dust all surfaces high and low
- Properly vacuum complete carpet area in guest rooms
- Help laundry as required
- Double check drawers and cupboards to ensure nothing was left behind by guest
- Always close drapes, turn off lights and sign check sheets when room is completed
- Proper stocking and maintaining of your cart at all times
- Always conscientious of Health and Safety when performing duties
- Help co-workers when need arises
- Perform extra duties from time to time when need arises and all other duties assigned
- Responsible for issued key & paper at all times
The above areas of responsibility are not all inclusive and may be amended from time to time.
- Must be flexible to work any shift
- Previous cleaning experience an asset
- Must be polite & courteous
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work as a team or independently
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively within a diverse team environment
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment with co-workers, managers, and guests
- Must be reliable
We are committed to contribute to a systemic change in equity, diversity, and inclusion. Diamond Hotels is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit to identify, prevent, and eliminate discrimination and harassment in all its forms with respect to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, physical or mental disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, political belief, marital status or family status of that person or that group or class of persons.
We are further committed to compliance with all fair employment practices relating to citizenship and immigration status. In recruiting for our team, we want to know more about the collective sum of your experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that you invest in your work. We encourage members of designated groups and Indigenous Peoples to self-identify and apply.
We will also make accommodation available to job applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. During this process, if an applicant requests accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 613-650-5420 and we will consult with the applicant and arrange for a suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Cleaning: 1 year (preferred)