Please read the job description in full. You must submit a resume/CV, salary expectations, and a cover letter that references this job, specifically, and why you would be a good fit for it. Generic cover letters or lack of cover letter will make you ineligible for the job. (Attention to detail is ridiculously important for this position)
Evolve PR is an leading promotional agency in the video-game industry, managing public relations, social media, and video campaigns for some of the biggest and most acclaimed developers and publishers in the world. Find out more at evolve-pr.com.
Evolve is looking for a mid-to-senior-level PR manager to help usher in a new era for the company: one in which we actually have managers heading up our departments. Wild idea! You will be horrendously ambitious, almost annoyingly self-motivated, disgustingly organized, a highly strategic thinker, and, y’know, just a good human being who cares deeply about helping others develop into the best people they can be. This is a remote-work position open only to residents of Canada with legal work status.
- Take the reins of our PR team, ensuring that work is done at an exceptionally high level of quality, on time. You’ll manage this team in a contemporary manner: you’re aware of modern management and leadership practices and can help us implement them.
- Drive strategic vision for client and product PR, pushing staff to shoot for the stars with creative and effective campaigns across a range of indie and AAA clients.
- Work with our PR and Insights teams to develop and implement leading-edge analytics, OKRs/KPIs, or whatever you want to call them. We see an opportunity to innovate here, not relying on traditional metrics but defining new standards in setting and monitoring goals/objectives for PR campaigns, leveraging extensive data produced internally and through Terminals.io.
- Champion our efforts to clients, staff, and to the world outside. You’ll act as a conduit between PR staff and Evolve’s management team, keeping us apprised of key happenings, successes, failures. Ditto for clients: you’ll collaborate with them to ensure we’re blowing away their expectations.
- Coordinate with our Community and Originals teams to develop holistic marketing campaigns, assets, social media content, and more.
- Develop (and help others develop) policies and processes, training materials, how-to guides, and more, as we look to share knowledge more formally across the company. These efforts will target staff, clients, and the broader PR and gaming industries, building Evolve’s reputation and visibility through thought leadership and community development.
- Uphold principles of kindness, inclusiveness, compassion, accountability and excellence.
Nobody’s perfect, but the ideal candidate has some combination of the following:
- 5+ years experience planning and executing entertainment launches in a publicity role.
- 3+ years experience in a leadership position in a PR or marketing department, working on entertainment properties.
- Strong relationships with video game, tech, and consumer media and influencers in North America (global experience is a big plus, as we work on a lot of international releases).
- Not a micromanager, knowledgeable in modern management and leadership practices, objective setting, training, and more.
- Exceptional project management and organizational capabilities. It really bugs you when things aren’t getting done on time, and when people aren’t updating their project-management tools effectively.
- Experience using cloud-based project management tools. We use ClickUp, but experience with Asana, Monday, Trello, etc. is likely also relevant.
- You’re totally anal about details; you cringe when document formatting is a little bit off, when a small part of a tiny job isn’t done, when a name is spelled incorrectly, etc.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the video game and PR fields/industries, platforms, and trends.
- Able to work on several projects at once, maintaining equanimity even when the world seems to be falling apart around you.
- Extensive experience developing and managing company presence at trade shows and conventions like PAX, E3, etc. You know how to go through the whole process of booking a booth, scripting demos, securing media appointments, media training, and so much more. You know. Trade show stuff.
- An excellent communicator—written and verbal—capable of talking to C-level executives as comfortably as to a 12-year-old Fortnite fan. Your grammar is impeccable.
- Highly self-motivated, you’re a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Dedicated to excellence, you are a lifelong learner and maybe a bit anti-establishment. You read about PR, marketing, and management, and are never content to maintain the status quo.
- Reliable internet connection required. You'll need your own PC (ideally gaming capable). Owning multiple game consoles also a plus.
- You're very comfortable with Word/Docs. Bonus points for Excel/Sheets experience, Photoshop, social media platforms.
- Extended health care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Dental care
- Casual dress
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
Reference ID: prmanager
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Video Game Industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- Public Relations (entertainment, gaming, or tech): 5 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)