From humble beginnings in the mid ‘90s, CanaDream has steadily grown into one of the largest RV rental and sales business in Canada. It’s been a long road… but there’s no shortage of those in Canada and we’ve enjoyed the ride!
At CanaDream, we believe that Canada is our product and a road trip in our RV is the most perfect way to experience our beautiful Provinces and Territories. We are a Cast of experienced, passionate and dedicated people and our market leading brand position has been achieved through a combination of investments in experienced Cast across all our locations, with unique build RV floor plans, proprietary technology, continual investment and a fleet of over 1300 modern RV’s with an additional 500 previously experienced units available for sale.
In 2017, CanaDream became part of the Apollo Tourism & Leisure Group, which is a global RV rental & sales specialist. With a large portion of the Australian and New Zealand market, significant presence across the USA and a growing base across the UK and Europe. The roads we are exploring continue to expand!
In Canada we have RV Guest and Sales locations that can be found in the major cities: Calgary and Edmonton (Alberta), Vancouver (British Columbia), Whitehorse (Yukon), Toronto (Ontario), Montreal (Quebec) and Halifax (Nova Scotia).
CanaDream’s culture is based on being “Happy to”. In every corner we seek positivity and teamwork; working together to put our Guests at the centre of everything. CanaDream Cast work hard and enjoy the ride… fun is at the core of our business.
In return we offer competitive wages, discretionary bonus, additional incentives, growth opportunities, staff discounts, an apprenticeship program, education assistance and comprehensive on job training.
Your future at CanaDream is limited only by your imagination and you have the unique opportunity to make history as part of the CanaDream success story.
Take a look for yourself here….and find out what we do. You can also find us on multiple social channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Manager to maintain general accounts payable performance levels
- Primary responsibility will be the US branches, while backing up Canadian A/P
- Ensure all purchase orders have proper authorizations
- Prepare payments to third parties, whether by cash, cheque, EFT, credit, and other forms of payment;
- Audit purchase requests for materials, supplies, equipment, and other collateral and verify that orders are charged to the proper accounts
- Post and reconcile payments to general ledgers
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to billing records
- Form payment strategies to make timely A/P payments and mitigate supplier objections
- Investigate payment problems while following A/P policies and procedures
- Investigate unusual expenses and stay alert to unusual purchasing and $ amounts. Bring anything unusual to the attention of the Accounting Manager
- Verify GL coding accuracy before it is posted into the GL
- Ensure that all payable filing is kept current and file all un-posted and payable listings
- Reconcile all vendor statements monthly to ensure all invoices have been received
- Work with auditors to answer any Accounts Payable questions/concerns; and
- Other duties as required
- Diploma in Accounting or
- 2 years direct experience in an A/P capacity
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit practices;
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions
- Ability to strictly keep confidential accounting matters private, unless the accounting question is being directed at someone who doesn’t work in the accounting department
- Ability to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills in order to handle late payments and delinquent accounts
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems and software, budgets, and internal controls;
- Advanced proficiency with Office software, primarily Excel
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy; and
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
If you like the sound of all of this and are ready for a challenging yet rewarding role within a small and supportive team, and you believe you possess the required skills and experiences, then please apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounts Reconciliations: 2 years (Preferred)
- Accounts Payable: 2 years (Preferred)