Opening at CCI for NOC Analyst
Corridor Communications Inc. (CCI) POWERS UNDERSERVED COMMUNITIES TO THEIR POTENTIAL – by connecting them to the world via the Internet and enabling their long-term sustainability and viability. Through being an INNOVATIVE COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY COMPANY, we deliver custom connectivity solutions to the underserved and under-connected – made possible by Canadian ingenuity and a customer-first attitude.
Position: Network Operations Centre (NOC) Analyst
Position Summary: Responsible for maintaining a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network and for monitoring and maintaining all active network equipment to ensure smooth network operation.
Reports To: Manager, Network Operations
to this Position: N/A
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor CCI productions service environment and decisively determine impact to customers and pinpoint areas of systems issues.
- Act as a communication center for Network Operations, Call Center and provide groups outside of operations accurate feedback on problems that may occur on the production network.
- Troubleshoot on network related issues and help solve technical issues captured and reported by the Monitoring System.
- Maintain documentation of the production environment including the troubleshooting guide, system architecture, relationships and dependencies, network changes, infrastructure and network connectivity.
- Responsible for the change control process and ensuring the process is adhered to. Escalate deviations to the Manager, Network Operations.
- Responsible for implementing network changes once the change control has been approved by the Manager, Network Operations or more senior level authority, depending on the nature of the issue.
- Responsible for monitoring performance for the following and escalating issues, as necessary:
- Transport network using intermapper or other tool;
- Access network using Netneuman, M2000, U2000 and other tool;
- Core network using industry standard tool; and
- Network/alarms to resolve outages.
- Prepare and maintain operational reports and send out weekly reports (Access, Transport, Outage and Core) to department heads.
- Provide input to engineering, field installation, and operations personnel to improve the support process or identify improvement opportunities. Make recommendations to improve overall network performance.
- Update the Engineering and Technical Support teams with respect to system/network changes, maintenance or outages. Create tickets and notifications regarding outages using company tools.
- Work with the Engineering and Technical Support teams to resolve escalated system/network issues.
- Provide NOC support for escalated business and residential customers. Take initiative to diagnose customer issues and proffer unique solutions.
- Handle break and fix; follow up and escalate to Field Operations Coordinator, as necessary.
- Follow up on technical escalations and resolve or further escalate, if necessary.
- Responsible for the end to end management of the change control process by creating, documenting and monitoring RFC process changes.
- Establish and communicate procedures as they affect the network operations department.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in Networking or Information Technology. Network Certification or relevant industry certification such as CCNA is required.
- Experience working with ticketing systems and vendor support about opening tickets and facilitating escalations is desirable.
- Knowledge of software or tools such as Intermapper, M2000, LMT, Dynamics 365, etc. is desirable.
- Highly motivated to achieve performance targets on a consistent basis.
- Strong communication skills having the ability to communicate effectively with managers and staff within the Network Operations, Technology Operations Team and Client Experience Team (Call Centers).
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Telecommunications. A graduate degree in a related field would be an asset.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to self-manage and work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills accompanied by a demonstrated willingness and aptitude to learn new skills and technologies.
YOUR FIT WITH OUR TEAM
Not defined by the usual rules and norms, the ideal candidate is willing to go above and beyond with a “get ‘er done” attitude. If you’re flexible, forward-thinking and are able to collaborate effectively across teams, you might be our next NOC Analyst
Interested candidates can apply here on Indeed Jobs. Please include resume and cover letter in this application. If you do not already have an Indeed profile created/formatted, there is no need to do so – simply upload your resume/cover letter and include your contact information.
This posting is open until the right person is found.
No inquiries from staffing agencies, please.
About our mission of Perfecting Rural Connectivity:
Corridor Communications, Inc. (CCI Wireless) is an internet service provider specializing mainly in providing fixed-point wireless connections to rural Alberta. CCI is the product of nine founding Alberta natural gas co-ops who, in 2007, realized that broadband internet was “the next electricity.” Still fully Alberta-operated and true to its grassroots ownership, CCI now offers one of the largest internet and phone coverage areas in our province. Our mission is to deliver high speed internet to the under-served and under connected. We pride ourselves on customizing connectivity solutions for each community, across 190+ carrier-grade towers and over 200,000 square kilometers.
CCI Wireless values its diverse work environment and is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Work from home opportunities
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Extended health care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Wellness programs
- On-site parking
- Bonus scheme
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent