This is a full time, permanent role located at 50 Reid Dr. (Barrie) or 4100 Gordon Baker Road (Scarborough). The Incident Response Co-ordinator – Major Incident Response will be part of a team whose mandate is to manage the recovery of major technology incidents and ensure the timely restoration of service. The team’s responsibilities include managing technical and management bridges, communicating progress of recovery efforts, participating in follow up activities such as root cause analysis and facilitating post major incident review meetings, tracking and following up on outstanding risks, and managing Service Improvement teams to restore stability to services experiencing chronic issues.
this role is a 24/7 rotating shift.
- Manage large, cross-divisional teams during major technology incidents with a goal of restoring service as quickly as possible
- Ensure that the appropriate technical resources are engaged in a timely manner
- Direct all recovery team activities in the most efficient and logical manner possible
- Provide clear, concise, and regular communication to management and executives detailing the progress of the restoration efforts.
- Determine and communicate exact business impacts resulting from the incident.
- Escalate more critical incident in appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis, Post Major Incident Review, and Service Improvement Team meetings.
- Track and report on outstanding risks to all supported environments.
- Assist senior management in developing strategies to improve systems availability and mitigate risks to service levels.
Strong knowledge of a wide variety of technologies, including server, mainframe, and network, hardware and software.
- Strong knowledge of Line of Business (LOB) organizations, and business applications.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Broad knowledge of processes within the support and development organizations.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including strong skills in preparing written reports and presentations.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work effectively in high-stress and crisis situations.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to manage numerous complex activities.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- University/College credentials in related disciplines(s), or equivalent business and technical experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in the IT industry.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the
way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Job Channel Operations
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Barrie
Organisation Ent Platforms & Architecture-X000305
Job Posting 10/01/19
Unposting Date Ongoing