Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
A unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and evolving team shaping the future within Manulife Investment Management’s global marketing function. The Marketing Consultant opportunity is a hybrid role crossing between consultant, account executive and project manager requiring a candidate to be flexible with evolving responsibilities and skill requirements.
The Marketing Consultant is an individual contributor with direct accountability to manage high profile marketing requests for a wide variety of needs including prospect pitches, client meetings, conferences, and internal presentations. Reporting to the Head of Marketing Operations and partnering with sales, relationship management, consultant relations, compliance, content management and other teams to coordinate and deliver marketing communications, meeting the distribution needs of Manulife Investment Management.
The Marketing Consultant role maintains the day to day workflow of material requests, editing, publishing and producing marketing communications which consist of presentations, fact sheets, emails and various marketing initiatives to support the prospect and client sales process.
1. Individual contributor with direct accountability to manage high profile marketing requests for a wide variety of needs including prospect pitches, client meetings, conferences and internal presentations
2. The ability to serve as a primary marketing consultant to individual sales and a global cross functional senior management teams such as distribution, investments, compliance and operations, deepening relationships within existing territories and developing marketing programs leading to new sales opportunities
3. Instrumental in the development, creation and distribution of marketing materials and local marketing campaigns such as quarterly communication for distribution staff and program support materials used externally for current clients, prospects and consultants generating new business
4. This position requires project management skills, autonomous decision-making with ability to work efficiently and experience utilizing Microsoft products (PPT, Excel) to create stunning, accurate PowerPoint presentations
5. Develop and maintain an internal network of relationships and collaborate frequently with content management, marketing, compliance and distribution teams to maintain direct daily contact and handle daily activities of assigned requests with a highly responsive service approach
6. Demonstrated high level of quality as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. Checks and reviews creative/production materials, copy and layouts and coordinates client approval of same.
7. Adhere strictly to branding templates, create complex charts/graphs, produce concise layouts, and add value with innovative info graphics Is tech, new media, and digitally savvy, understand traditional and content marketing; ability to align strategies and tactics
8. Build in measurement/metrics whenever possible and follow up post campaign/project with evaluation reports
9. Adherence to compliance and regulatory requirements
10. Perform other duties as required, which may include activities such as supporting content management
3-5 years marketing communications and presentation design related experience, with 2 years’ experience working within/for a Financial Services firm. Institutional experience a plus.
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Strong organizational and autonomous decision-making skills, ability to work independently and collaboratively in a role with significant impact on client interaction, both internally and externally within a global organization
Proven understanding of institutional and retail sales and relationship management processes with demonstrated ability to support those processes along with strong knowledge of the marketplace and the needs of distribution channels
Technical knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint presentation design including animations, image optimization, video, hyperlinks, and interactive elements). In addition to excel charting experience.
Utilizes technology-based tools and processes, digital skills a plus
Problem solving capabilities and ability to segment themselves in the task at hand
Ability to work under tight deadlines while managing a large volume of work in a fast-paced environment
Understands and applies procedures, compliance regulations, and policies related to areas of specialized expertise
Bilingual in English/French
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2019, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.9 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.