The Scheduling Coordinator/Security Dispatcher known as the Field Support Coordinator is responsible for actively contributing in the organization’s people practices, programs and processes within their department/business unit. The Field Support Center Coordinator will provide tactical, hands-on support, as well as planning and execution of a variety of initiatives that align with the company’s policies and best practices, as well as overall company strategy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- MUST be able to work Monday - Friday 3:00PM - 11:00PM
- Fill shifts for Support Services associates including Front Desk associates, Housekeeping associates and Superintendents.
- Real time updating of ADP Vantage and assisting with payroll functions.
- Provide support for emergencies/inquiries to field associates.
- Dispatching Area Managers and Property Managers.
- Manage hire requirements and additional hour forms.
- Coordinate associates’ training and orientation.
- Conduct follow-up calls with new associates.
- Track security licenses and First Aid certificate expiration dates.
- Manage after hour decisions with associates.
- Create and maintain plans and procedures set by Support Services.
- Send environmental updates to field employees (i.e. weather, road/subway closures, parade routes, etc.)
- Host FirstCall after hours.
- Support associate coaching, feedback, and discipline.
- Collaborate with the team to help support change management activities.
Education & Experience
- Experience scheduling security guards and housekeeping staff preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant and progressive coordinator experience with depth across the various coordinator functional disciplines.
- Proven ability to provide multi-faceted support to senior leadership.
- Experience implementing and maintaining processes, practices and policies to support dynamic, high growth, field based organizations.
Knowledge, Skills &Proficiency
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Highly organized.
- Prepares reports in a timely, organized and efficient manner.
- Efficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Conducts business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Ability to work independently within the discretion of the position, with support from Field Support Manager.
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate both on the phone and in person with our clients in order to resolve issues and manage the business.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
- Must be mobile enough to move around both the office in order to make copies, send mail and faxes and to walk around the property. This could include lengthy walks on uneven areas.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other associates.
The work environment characteristics are normal office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
Occasional travel to Regional offices for meetings may be required.Must be able to drive to the Mississauga office.
Job Type: Full-time
- Scheduling: 2 years (Preferred)
- Security: 3 years (Required)