Senior (Bilingual) Network Support Specialist,
Fulltime, Permanent with Benefits, On-Call required per week. Bonus paid Daily for ON CALL.
Unlimited Paid vacation Plus healthcare
Exceptional communication/Customer Service skills- English & French is a MUST.
Skillset: Design/implement/operate of the customer network, MP-BGP, and OSPF, Implement and Support IPSec VPNs using IKEv1 and v2, implement and support Palo Alto , networking protocols, IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS, Expert OSI or TCP/IP
Our client is looking for a Senior Managed Services Network Support Specialist to analyze, troubleshoot, consult, and maintain the UC Networks of our many enterprise-level customers as well as our own monitoring and managed service networks. We will look to you to deliver answers to the business needs of our clients. To be successful in the role you need to be customer-centric and very comfortable working in various complex network environments.
- Previous experience as a network administrator
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and data protocols
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tool.
- Ability to be creative in in the pursuit of technical solutions.
- Calm demeanor when dealing with stressful situations, excellent communications skills especially when dealing with non-technical users.
- You are self-directed, thorough yet quick and truly enjoy helping your colleagues, with a strong commitment to service excellence
- You are a great communicator, both verbally and written.
- Technical system documentation creation
- Experience supporting people who depend on the availability and proper operation of IT environments, including direct support to these people through troubleshooting
- Excellent command in English, both in writing and speaking. Comprehensive knowledge in French is required too.
- Take ownership of networking related matters and troubleshoot network and system inquiries
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Work with team members for the installation and testing of Operating System and afirmware updates, often off-hours and/or weekends.
- Provide on-call services on a rotation basis acting as a first responder to issues or situations that may arise outside of business hours, including weekends
- Design, implementation and operation of customer networks.
- Manage, implement and support Palo Alto and ASA Security appliances
- Manage, implement and Support a multitenant network environment, leveraging MP-BGP and OSPF, integrated into service provider and customer environments
- Implement and Support IPSec VPNs using IKEv1 and v2, both routed and static tunnel configurations
- Mentor junior members of the Managed Services Support team
Client is a new breed of Cisco partner. At the time, many companies were moving to Unified Communications (UC) but only a handful were capitalizing on the benefits. UC solutions were clunky and integrators rarely stuck around to help clients realize their full potential. Our aim is to do things a better way, combining the best code practices with scrum and agile methodologies to create frictionless, user-friendly experiences that don’t require deep knowledge or expertise. Today, our solutions are used by more than 100 companies in North America operating across virtually every industry, from healthcare, to banking, to telecoms.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Network Engineer: 5 years (Required)
- OSI or TCP/IP: 3 years (Preferred)
- Palo Alto: 2 years (Preferred)
- MP-BGP and OSPF: 3 years (Preferred)
- Mentor junior members: 3 years (Preferred)
- Support IPSec VPNs using IKEv1 and v2: 3 years (Preferred)
- IPSEC, HSRP: 3 years (Preferred)
- Unified Communication: 2 years (Preferred)
- Supporting Enterprise customers: 1 year (Preferred)
- networking protocols: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) (Preferred)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) (Preferred)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (Preferred)