Reporting directly to the Housekeeping Manager, the Houseperson is responsible for ensuring public areas of Hotel Wingate Dieppe are cleaned and linens are restocked to the standards of Wyndham. The Houseperson also does room deliveries and special guest requests.
- Maintaining and cleaning all public areas, washroom, elevators, fitness room, lobby, laundry room, meeting room, parking, front entrance, etc. are up to a required standard
- Cleaning the exit stairs, garbage, garbage area, staff rooms and locker areas
- Removing all garbage from public areas, office and parking areas
- Dusting and vacuuming all public areas
- Cleaning and restocking linen rooms
- Maintain positive customer and associate relationships
- Deliver requested item(s) to guest units (irons, coffee, paper products, kitchen utensils, etc.).
- Collecting items to be laundered
- Counting all incoming and outgoing laundry
- Storing all supplies and equipment
- Stripping guest rooms and making beds when needed
- Carrying out all cleaning tasks according to daily schedule
- Assisting the banquet department for the luggage deliveries upon request
- Reporting any irregular issues to Management
- Performing other duties assigned by Management
- Respond appropriately to guest and associate inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Build a “every guest every time” Culture: Create a positive and engaging work environment based on our every guest every time philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of carpet shampoo cleaning techniques
- Level one first aid certificate will be an asset.
- Able to perform highly repetitive tasks and lift heavy loads
- Customer service experience
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) essential
- Good communication (written & oral) skills
- Ability to work independently, organize, prioritize and schedule workload
- Detail oriented
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)
- English/French (Preferred)