Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A FULL TIME SERVICE ADVISOR
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader - automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Automotive Service Advisor communicates directly with customers, managing their needs and expectations regarding auto service maintenance and repairs. This role is the link between the technician and the customer. Superior customer service and communication skills are essential to success in this position and in enhancing the customer experience.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provides excellent customer service and ensures ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
- Responds to customer inquiries in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
- Understands customer needs and provides them with a complete solution.
- Manages customer concerns and problems promptly.
- Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Completes and reviews repair orders with customers.
- Estimates cost and time for service and repairs needs. Ensures final invoice is the same as estimate and vehicle is delivered on time.
- Acts as liaison between customers and technicians and manages the status of work orders.
- Schedules service and repair appointments.
- Operates computerized work order systems.
- Works with the Service Manager and Auto Team to provide top level of customer service.
- Knowledge of market trends in the automotive service industry.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of mechanical components of automobiles.
- Ability to work effectively with auto parts ordering systems and computerized work order systems.
- Basic math and keyboarding skills.
- Good working knowledge of CoStar is an asset but willing to train.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Work environment involves occupational hazards associated with working in a garage
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from light to heavy
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Potential to earn more through sales incentive programs
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
- A safe and healthy work environment
Background Check Requirements
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- automotive: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)