Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Product Content Specialist for our North York, ON head office. This role is responsible for the development of Space Planning and Furniture Application assets that will provide the sales organization with the knowledge they require to effectively sell our portfolio of products.
- Have a working knowledge of office furniture planning principles and industry trends and standards
- Develop a good understanding of the unique features of Teknion’s furniture portfolio
- Prepare content for Teknion Application and Reference guides including product maps product information and guidelines and all graphic assets required to demonstrate the features of each product
- In collaboration with members of the Workplace Intelligence team, Digital team and the Product Managers, assist in developing content for the Teknion Planning Tool, Furniture Planning Guides, photoshoot layouts and any other graphic assets required that focus on the inspiration and features of products
- Assist with planning concepts for new and existing products in support of solution based planning within the Teknion portfolio
- College of University Degree in Interior Design, Industrial Design or related field
- Must have minimum 2 years proven industry planning experience
- Must have well developed analytical, strategic thinking skills and be detailed oriented
- Excellent time management, organizational, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Experience in Autocad, Revit, SketchUp, 3dStudioMax and InDesign software
- Knowledge of CAP20/20 or Project Matrix experience an asset
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position