CFS Child Protection/Prevention Workers
MLTC Child & Family Services Department is seeking highly motivated individuals to fill the full-time positions of Child Protection/Prevention Workers – the four (4) vacant positions are based out of the main office in Meadow Lake/Flying Dust.
The successful candidates will work as part of the MLTC CFS Team in providing direct services in family support, and prevention/protection services to children and their families. The individuals will be sensitive, compassionate and professional in all areas relating to CFS program needs, issues and concerns; will apply a holistic approach to individual, family, and community healing/development by honoring and being knowledgeable about the inner-connectedness of the emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical aspects; and will also oversee the development/implementation of prevention, child protection, and family support service initiatives.
· The applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work/Indigenous Social Work with experience in child protection/prevention.
· Be knowledgeable in the dynamics of child abuse/neglect, family violence, addictions, poverty, and oppression.
· Be knowledgeable in child/community development and be able to formulate/document family assessments, case plans, program plans, etc.
· Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in computer applications (i.e. AIS Database; Microsoft - Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills and communication (written/verbal) skills.
· Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism, integrity, and personal wellness.
· Must be willing to work flexible hours with extensive travel involved.
· The ability to speak and understand Cree and/or Dene is a definite asset.
All interested applicants are invited to submit: a letter of intent, resume detailing qualifications and experience, copies of credentials, current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance & Vulnerable Sector Check, copy of valid driver’s license, and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654. Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact our CFS Supervisors Patty Bokinac or Lillian Bear, at (306) 236-8240, or visit the MLTC Website at www.mltc.net.
Deadline: Friday, January 24, 2020
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent