About the Opportunity
As Vena's Systems Administrator, you will provide overall administration and technical direction to purchase, coordinate, maintain all IT requirements, including desktop, laptop hardware and software systems, network/operating systems and telecommunication. Vena works with a variety of hardware/software vendors and has a diverse and technical employee base.
What you will do
- Analyze systems hardware and software problems and develop technical solutions, including implementation of upgrades
- Recommend hardware and software standardization as well as explaining technology solutions to senior management
- Create and manage user email accounts and access control, based on company policies
- Install, configure, and maintain desktop and laptop PCs, printers, voice, data and video equipment and resolve trouble ticket items
- Collaborate with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule
- Maintain an inventory of installed software and hardware and manage licensing, including Cloud service providers
- Administer the operation of all LAN/WAN-related network services and troubleshoot performance, connectivity, and related network problems
- Administer LAN/WAN security, antivirus and spam control measures
- Perform system backups and recovery and test backup, archiving, and recovery plans
- Install, configure, and maintain Vena servers in a hosted environment as well as on premise.
- Support Single Sign On for Vena using SAML 2.0 and OAuth
- Ensure normal database function in a 24/7 operational environment, including testing database updates/patches
- Own and maintain access permissions and privileges to database servers
Does this sound like you?
- You have experience working with Cloud Web services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) , GSuite, O365, Slack, Dropbox.
- 3+ years' experience working with Relational Databases such as SQL Server and MySQL
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Excellent knowledge of IT operating systems, especially Windows and Linux, in conjunction with experience installing hardware and software
- Confident customer-oriented communicator with excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Good infrastructure knowledge; Networking fundamentals, TCP/IP, etc.
- You have experience working with Active Directory, restricted user accounts and software deployment technologies
- You have experience with SAML 2.0 technologies such as Active Directory Federation Services(ADFS)
- You are familiar and comfortable working in a 24/7 production environment.
- You are able to multitask and leverage your problem solving abilities in a fast-paced environment
Don't currently tick all of the boxes? We pride ourselves on our mentorship culture, please apply if this role and Vena excites you!
Apply today…. We can't wait to hear from you!
At Vena, we empower people to work the way they think. Our cloud infrastructure leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding beautiful web-based workflows and a powerful cloud storage to make mission-critical business processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian start-ups, we're part of a growing industry looking to revolutionize the enterprise so that people can get back to doing their best work.
We strive to promote a culture and community that supports one another and allows for growth and fun. We hope to inspire and ensure our Venanites feel comfortable to innovate and can enable their creative side while at work.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country which the role is based. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to email@example.com when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.