Interset Software, a Micro Focus company, is not your traditional co-op placement or internship. We use big data and advanced behavioral analytics to detect and prevent the theft of intellectual property...simply put, WE CATCH BAD GUYS WITH MATH!!!
We are a fast-paced, all hands-on deck kind of environment where you are respected and listened to from day one. You will be part of a team that describes one another as “crazy smart, but normal in a good way”.
We have a few college/university co-op/intern software positions available in our engineering team that will give you the opportunity to work with leading edge technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Phoenix, HBase, Kafka, HDP, Cloudera, NiFi and Storm) we use to identify cybersecurity threats for our customers. You will learn the ins and outs of our Hadoop-based architecture and work side by side with some of the smartest minds in the fields of machine learning and behavioural analytics.
Data Integration & Platform:
This team ensures we provide a scalable and flexible Hadoop-based platform and data ingest pipeline that underlies our analytics. This role will leverage big data technologies to extend the existing solution, streamline deployments and add greater flexibility.
Search & Discovery:
This role will be focused on extracting insights from machine learning results by exposing on-the-fly analysis, faceting and aggregations through a set of API endpoints and leveraging Elasticsearch capabilities. You’ll work collaboratively within cross-functional teams that include experts in analytics, user experience, platform and Product Management to understand the customers’ point of view.
Interns in Data Science will be working with a team to find threat signals in data, design scalable, real-time, Machine Learing models and approaches to address the emerging challenges in the Cybersecurity industry. You will work closely with the development team to productize behavioural analytics solutions to support broader go-to-market opportunities.
UX: The challenge is presenting the results of analytics on billions of rows of data in a way the conveys insights about the cybersecurity risk faced by threat investigators. If you’ve got a passion for creating elegant and flexible user experiences , join our brilliant team of engineers where you’ll use and grow your strong ES6 and React skills..
This role will support the QE team objective to drive quality automation and development efficiency so that we can ship products as quickly as possible while avoiding regressions and maintaining a high quality product. You will work in cross-functional teams to ensure automation captures new features and other changes, contributing to functional requirements and team priorities. If you have already mastered some programming and want to get broad exposure to a big data solution, QE may be an ideal fit.
Who you are
- You’re inquisitive and have a desire to learn new technologies
- You’re interested in getting exposure to all facets of a big data application: endpoint data generation, data integration, data science and analytics, search, API, and web front end.
- Your sense of humor, passion and enthusiasm shines through in everything you do
- You’re a creative thinker who wants to answer the question “why”
What we do for you
Your range of skills include:
- We have a creative, fun and flexible work environment
- Round table sessions with company executives
- We have regular team events (Archery Games, Bubble Soccer, Zip Lining, Go Karts, Paintball...who knows where we'll turn up next!)
- Weekly lunches
- Easy commute via public transit and free parking
- Working towards a degree in data science, computer science or engineering
- Demonstrated desire to learning about Big Data, Machine Learning or related fields
- Experience with Linux operating systems, particularly on the command line
- Fast learner with the ability to work independently and in a group
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status