We are a fast-growing company in Vernon. Catering to the horticulture industry in Canada, we manufacture and supply soil, soil amendments and nutrients for growers of all skill levels; from seasoned green thumbs to green-beginners, from home-growers to commercial growers. We have our sales/warehouse/production facility under one roof.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Controller is responsible for overseeing the delivery of a full cycle finance and accounting function that supports the company’s strategic direction. Ensuring the accuracy of the daily operations of the function, the Controller is also responsible for key financial processes, including corporate budgeting, annual financial review, and financial reporting. The Controller also participates as a member of the Leadership Team in the development of strategic goals and overall direction and management of the Company.
- Professional Accounting Designation
- 2 – 5 years, post qualification, including experience with IFRS
- 2 – 3 years of supervisory experience
- Advanced skills in Quickbooks Desktop Enterprises
- Advanced technology skills including efficiencies with ERPs and G-Suite applications
- Provide accurate and timely financial reporting along with detailed analysis and insight into corporate results, including the preparation of monthly financial reporting packages, regular operational reporting and dashboard reporting
- Evaluate current accounting, administrative and costing processes and systems to ensure they provide the necessary information and controls that will continue to meet the changing needs of the Company
- Quarterback the year-end audit with the external auditors
- Lead the development of annual business plans and budgets for the Company in conjunction with the Leadership Team
- Spearhead the development of reporting around monthly/annual budgeting and comparison to actuals, and identify inefficiencies and implement change action
- Manage corporate policies and procedures within Finance and Administration
- Manage treasury function and cash flow forecasting
- Ensure tax and other regulatory filings are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain and control all corporate and administrative files related to contracts, insurance policies, real property and other leases, and other documents of a permanent nature
- Help define strategic corporate objectives and establish with the Leadership Team an annual strategic plan, ensuring the Admin and Finance function supports corporate goals and addresses big-picture corporate objectives
- In conjunction with the CEO, maintain external relationships with auditors, lenders, other financial organizations, governmental authorities, and others
- Provide decision making support to the CEO and Executive Team
- Supervision of members of the finance team
- Recruitment, training, and development of finance staff
- Assist the Executive Team as required
- Other duties as required - may be requested based on the needs of the business
- Understands and conforms to the Quality Management System ISO9001:2015
Salary to be reviewed based on qualifications and experience.
Please include a cover letter with your resume. Qualified applicants will be contacted in due course.
We are a pet-friendly environment and have an office cat. Duties also include supporting the
team with keeping the office clean and tidy and assisting with cleaning up and feeding the cat.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise: 3 years (Required)
- Supervisory: 2 years (Required)
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
- Controller: 2 years (Required)