Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Manager position is an integral participant in the Management Team of Tri City Transitions Society. The following description provides an overview of duties and responsibilities assumed by all Managers in their respective program areas:
- Through a community service lens leads program service engagement, development and enhancements aligned with TCT values in support of family and community needs.
- Builds and stewards a community collaborative model and network to meet client and community needs. Assist the Executive Director with the development, evaluation and revisions of program’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all aspects of program management as seen through the lens of the client, the staff, the agency and the community.
- client relationship management;
- financial oversite of programs;
- program contract and organizational requirements;
- program outcomes and deliverables;
- Program and staff evaluations,
- management of staff time, staff workload, record keeping;
- Administrative functions as required
- Clinical supervision of staff, if qualified. * Oversees and manages confidential societal information.
- Assists with recruitment, selection, development and termination of program staff. Such decisions are made after discussion with the Executive Director. Orients, trains, supervises, builds capacity and coordinates and evaluates staff and/or practicum performance and goals in relationship to Society and program goals and targets.
- Assists staff in case and/or file planning, case file management, case consultations and aftercare for clients, where required.
- Identifies gaps in program delivery and initiates ideas for new program delivery.
- Coordinates and facilitates staff meetings.
- Represents the Society at networking and outreach functions.
- Maintains and updates an accurate knowledge of a wide range of Society policies and procedures, of the other systems supporting women who experience violence, and of appropriate legislation.
- Ensures the collection of statistical and other pertinent data and provides reports as required.
- Regularly and thoroughly ensures accuracy of reports/documentation and maintains oversight of client data in WISH,
- Promotes a harmonious work environment through leadership and demonstrated skills in mediation and conflict resolution which are offered as support to staff, clients, the Board of Directors, and the community.
- Provides on-going supervision to staff strategizing on how best to support clients in meeting their goals and objectives. May assist with the intake/screening of in-coming clients, the monitoring of clients’ needs and their physical and emotional condition.
- Acts as an advocate for staff and/or clients when necessary.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Masters’ degree in the social sciences, counselling, or humanities, plus 5 years management experience in a community service organization.
- Knowledge of violence in the family from a recognized program;
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Acceptable criminal records check.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead, manage, train and supervise staff;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Well-developed skills in assessment, analysis, evaluation, problem-solving and implementation of change;
- Experience and skills in Program review and recommendations for improved service-delivery;
- Strong commitment to client-centered service delivery designed to move clients forward;
- Positivist outlook and reframing skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of the cycle of violence and its effect on the family;
- Knowledge of the legal system, of other systems supporting women who experience violence, and of appropriate legislation;
- Capacity to build and shift visions, missions and program goals to meet community needs
- Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to deal with others compassionately and non-judgmentally; and
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and work with minimum supervision.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $72,000.00 /year
- program management: 1 year (Preferred)