Our client, a Tri-Cities based social services agency, is hiring a Service
Engagement & Clinical Development Officer to add to their team. This position is
responsible for the overall delivery of community-based psycho-educational
counselling, workshops and group services. Responsibilities also include the
organization, management, coordination, collaboration and operations of these
programs as aligned with the policies and philosophies of the organization. This
management role provides leadership, supervision, training and evaluation for
staff, practicum students, volunteers, etc. in support of the organization’s vision,
mission, mandates and over-arching commitment as a learning organization.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds and stewards a community collaborative model and network to meet client and community needs. Assists the Executive Director with the development, evaluation and revisions of program’s policies and procedures and budgets.
- Responsible for all aspects of program management as seen through the lens of the client, the staff, the agency and the community.
- client relationship management
- financial oversite of programs
- program contract and organizational requirements
- program outcomes and deliverables
- Program and staff evaluations
- management of staff time, staff workloads and caseloads, record keeping
- Administrative functions as required
- Clinical supervision of staff, if qualified.
- Oversees and manages confidential societal information.
- Assists with recruitment, selection, development and termination of program staff. Orients, trains, supervises, builds capacity and coordinates and evaluates staff and/or practicum performance and goals in relationship to society and program goals and targets.
- Assists staff in case and/or file planning, case file management, case consultations and aftercare for clients, where required.
- Identifies gaps in program delivery and initiates ideas for new program delivery.
- Coordinates and facilitates staff meetings.
- Represents the Society at networking and outreach functions.
- Maintains and updates an accurate knowledge of a wide range of society policies and procedures
- Ensures the collection of statistical and other pertinent data and provides reports as required
- Ensures the accuracy of reports/documentation/information while maintaining oversight of in the client management system.
- Promotes a harmonious work environment through leadership and demonstrated skills in mediation and conflict resolution which are offered as support to staff, clients, the Board of Directors, and the community.
- Provides on-going supervision to staff strategizing on how best to support clients in meeting their goals and objectives. May assist with the intake/screening of in-coming clients, the monitoring of clients’ needs and their physical and emotional condition.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Masters’ degree in the social sciences, counselling, business administration or humanities plus 7 years management experience in a community service organization. Training in violence in the family from a recognized program is desirable.
- Master’s degree in social work would be ideal
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Acceptable criminal records check
- Ability to lead, manage, train, and supervise staff
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the cycle of violence and its effect on the family
- Ability to deal with others compassionately and non-judgmentally
If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of those in our community escaping violence, please forward your resume along with salary expectations to me for further conversation. Interviews are being scheduled now. I look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $49,000.00 to $58,000.00 /year
- program management: 1 year (Preferred)