Brex is building the new global standard for financial services, starting with corporate cards. We are designing the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features and a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms and industry veterans such as Peter Thiel and Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, and we're looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board. As a frontend engineer, you will be working across the entire Brex stack, adding new products, features and tools. Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds.
We're looking for people with a strong background or interest in building products and tools, comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, with a keen eye towards detail, and comfortable learning new technologies. Most importantly, you should be enthusiastic working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs.
What We Value:
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features and products.
- Work side-by-side with user facing teams (Sales, Support) to best understand the needs of our customers.
- Design and implement experiments to improve our customer's experiences.
- Own problems end-to-end, thinking through everything from user experience, data models, scalability, operability and ongoing metrics.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter.
- Collaborate with experts in product, design, and operations.
Engineering at Brex:
- Enjoying being a generalist, working on both the frontend, backend, and everything in between to tackle problems and delight customers.
- Experience building user experiences with modern tools like ES6, React, Redux, Apollo, Vue.Js ( http://vue.js/ ), Flux or Webpack.
- Taking pride in working on projects to successful completion, involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Putting yourself in the shoes of your users, and creating an intuitive, delightful experience.
- Holding yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Stitching many different services and processes together, even if you have not worked with them before.
- Thriving in a collaborative environment, filled with a diverse group of people with different expertise and backgrounds (we currently have over 30 nationalities represented, with more than ½ the company working in a country different from the one they grew up in).
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, and as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- We're big fans of functional programming, especially given the effect of bugs in this space! We work closely with the Elixir community, and are always looking at increasing our open source contributions more broadly.
- Product is a highly collaborative initiative across multiple teams. Engineers are expected to understand and have product input, designing systems towards our long-term product vision.
- We'd rather have one strong, well-compensated engineer, instead of having 5 average engineers. Our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not ok with broken features.
- We believe in two equal track career growths between senior individual contributors and managers. We want people to contribute where they feel most impactful.
- We believe in small, accountable and autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they're building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other systems in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up and help us get to the truth faster.