*You must be located in Montreal*
Here at The Foundry, our purpose is to positively influence as many lives as possible by connecting great people with great career opportunities. With our industry leading technology, innovations and customer support, we serve our customers recruitment and talent management needs in a Monster way.
At the heart of our success and our future is innovation and it’s from that innovation where The Foundry, Monster’s Digital Recruitment Agency, was born. We are a Canadian-based employer branding agency specialized in everything-job-seeker-and-employer. We are a team of digital strategists, digital recruitment and branding experts. We help HR professionals, marketers and business owners create and promote their employer brand and become employers of choice.
We create impactful employer value propositions, convincing career websites, an engaging social presence and far reaching online campaigns, so our customers will be seen by the right people and get the candidates they want to hire.
At The Foundry we have a lot of great benefits.
- 3+ weeks of vacation
- Remote Work Opportunity (up to 3 days a week)
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance
- RRSP + Match
- Health Care Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Best Doctors Program
- CONTACT Employee Assistance Program
- Short & Long Term Disability Coverage
- Monthly Paid Lunch
- Heavy laptops to stay in shape (glad you are still reading!)
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Work with designers to ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Assist with estimation of tasks to facilitate planning.
- Document code development and revisions
- Ensure all code is valid and conform to the W3C standards
- 3+ years Developing responsive websites in an industry environment
- Commitment to high-quality code and structure
- Outstanding analysis, problem-solving, communication, time management, and teamwork skills
- A desire to own a project from beginning to end, with a strong sense of pride in a job exceptionally done
- Experience working within PHP frameworks
- Knowledge of JS-based build tools like Gulp or webpack
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Experience working with version control system like GIT
- Good knowledge of Bootstrap or other equivalent framework
- Good knowledge of Adobe creative suite, specifically Photoshop
- An eye for detail with the ability to match your UI to any design in a cross-browser environment
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Excellent English communication skills, written and spoken
EPIC, but not necessary
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Knowledge of CMS
- Experience working in or with creative agencies
- Experience working with ARIA
- Experience with OOCSS, BEM, SMACSS
Job Type: Full-time
- Web Development: 3 years (Required)