Robert Half Finance is searching for an efficient Accounting Clerk for a well-known, expanding organization in the Professional Associations industry. Candidate must have the ability to perform duties such as, matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry and assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). You will work with a dynamic team in a great work space/office and have excellent benefits and great career advancement opportunity. This full-time Accounting Clerk position is located in the Edmonton, Alberta, area.
- Carry out additional related duties and help with special projects on an as-needed basis
- Code documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes
- Utilize a number of sources to create statements and reports
- Support Accounts Receivable by processing daily invoices/credit, applying cash receipts, and helping with collection of past due balances
- Support accounts payable by filing vendor invoice and disbursements and by matching & filing A/P invoices
- Handle general accounting tasks: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
- Post financial information to journals and ledgers
- Reconcile discrepancies by examining possible sources of disagreement, recreating likely actions, and identifying the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as needed
- Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
- Data entry, document management, file creation and previous records experience required
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
- Candidates with Spreadsheet and ERP system experience will be prioritized
- Solid understanding of Full Cycle Accounting
- Command of Financial Statement
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. Numéro de permis du Québec AP-2000503.