WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a Human Resource Assistant with strong Administration and People skills who desires the opportunity to be a part of a growing international organization. This position will support HR administration, Talent Acquisition, and Payroll.
This position is based in Port Alberni, BC Canada. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Create and maintain employee records, including, but not limited to; employee updates and ensuring employee files are complete and valid
- Update internal employee tracking spreadsheets for performance reviews, employee metrics, and other spreadsheets as needed
- Draft employment agreements and other recruitment documents, amending as needed
- Communicate with internal clients with a willingness to help
- Effectively communicate with job candidates
- Support the talent acquisition process with the following, but not limited to; posting job boards, screening applicants, scheduling interviews, checking references, preparing and sending employment agreements, distributing and tracking onboarding paperwork
- Support the payroll process for all employees
- Support the trainers and managers to coordinate employee training
- Record and distribute HR weekly meeting agendas and minutes
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects and programs
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Support other related functions as assigned
- Preferred experience as an HR Administrator or relevant Human Resources/administrative position
- Recruitment experience an asset
- HRIS experience is a plus
- Strong MS Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Certificate or Diploma in Business Administration or relevant field; additional education in Human Resource Management or Payroll will be a plus; or a combination of related experience and transferrable skills.
- Experience in aviation an asset
Location: 4890 Cherry Creek Rd,V9Y 8E9,Port Alberni, Port Alberni, BC
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations