Posting Reference #2019-MP-01
DEPARTMENT: Public Affairs & Communications
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Manager, Production and Communications is responsible for managing the group of employees that perform the organization, delivery, and publication of media services and events at the University of Windsor. As a member of Public Affairs and Communications management team, the incumbent contributes to the effectiveness of the Department by planning, organizing and managing all service aspects of the Production Services group in alignment with departmental goals and objectives, policies, standards and procedures. The Manager provides leadership and direction to staff within the Media Services and Communications groups in the delivery of best in class services and support to the campus community in alignment with the short and long-term goals of the Public Affairs and Communications Department and the University.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Marketing or minimum five (5) years’ experience in supporting media or institutional communications;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing / leading teams responsible for providing media services preferably in a unionized environment;
- Experience in quality assurance / process audits / process review / Business Process Mapping;
- Experience with evaluating, purchasing, and implementing media technologies;
- Proficiency in MS Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.) and other productivity tools / systems;
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends / developments relating to media services;
- Strong interpersonal skills including demonstrated success in: leadership, customer service, negotiation, teamwork, communication and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated strong organization and prioritization skills in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Experience in the development and administration of policies, programs, and procedures;
- Ability to maintain tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality at all times;
- Experience with project management software.
- Master’s Degree - Communications or Marketing;
- Knowledge of applicable University policies, procedures and services offered, particularly those relevant to Public Affairs and Communications.
Job Type: Full-time
- Leading teams responsible for media services: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)