POSITION: Payroll Administrator (1 year contract)
REPORTS TO: Payroll Manager
LOCATION: Mississagua, ON (virtual)
DIVISION: Global Shared Services Payroll
Our team at Stanley Black & Decker embraces the critical importance of employment equity, diverse representation, and inclusive work environments. Our culture is dynamic, results-oriented, focused on change and share a unified passion for creating products, tools and solutions for those who make the world. Wherever you go in our company, you’ll find uncompromised devotion to performance, innovation, customer satisfaction and social responsibility. Now is your chance to become one of these people within our growing Fortune 200 Company. A role with us will give you a strong understanding of how a world class organization creates and implements different strategies across our various commercial brands for a positive outcome.
Recognized as one of Canada's Top Employers For Young People (2020 and 2021) and Greater Toronto's Top Employers (2020 and 2021) and Canada’s Best Diverse Employers (2020 and 2021). Stanley Black & Decker Canada is looking for a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Manager. The Payroll Administrator works under the supervision of the Payroll Manager to ensure that all employees are paid accurately and on time. As well, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for regular reporting to various business partners and various payments to provincial and federal government agencies.
- Process hourly and salary payroll for various locations ensuring all payrolls are processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Reviews employee timecards to be inputted into the current payroll system via completed and approved spreadsheets
- Process all employee information including salary changes, special payments, taxable benefits, & bonus payments
- Ensure provincial and federal taxes are appropriately withheld for employees (new hires or job changes)
- Analysis of payroll inputs and outputs to validate hires, associate changes and associate terminations to identify errors and corrective actions to ensure payroll accuracy
- Reviews payroll documentation for accuracy through audit reports and makes adjustments with required approvals
- Works closely with Human Resources community and Accounting on all payroll related issues
- Monitor, calculate & set up taxable benefit for Life Insurance, Company Match RRSP and set up insurance deductions for medical premium
- Reviews computed wages and corrects errors to ensure the accuracy of earnings
- Works closely with Benefits Manager to ensure accurate benefit deductions and record keeping
- Will handle all garnishments, deductions, and vacation/sick accruals
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Generate T4’s, ROE’s, and various payroll reports as requested
- Remit WSIB for each province including follow up and correspondence with each provincial agency
- Provide input for the development of policies and procedures for locations in multiple provinces
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested by management
What we need
- Canadian Payroll Association designation is required
- Bilingual in French and English preferred
- College or University Degree in related Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a multi-location environment
- Experience with ADP (Pay@Work required, WFN preferred) and time and attendance systems (Kronos preferred)
- Accounting knowledge sufficient to perform journal entries and payroll account reconciliations
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Advanced computer skills; proficient MS Office
- Detail oriented and ability to work to tight timelines
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with employees at various levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic
What you get
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business within our Fortune 200 company
- We offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate
- Competitive compensation
- Use of a company laptop.
- Company Perks including Goodlife Fitness discounts, Employee product purchase, and many more!
How_ You’ll Feel_
We want our company to be a place you’ll want to be – and stay. Being part of our team means you’ll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.**
Stanley Black & Decker believes in giving each and every applicant an equal opportunity to succeed on their own merit. We strive to hire employees that reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of employees and our communities including but not limited to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, and disability. We remain committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our work environments. We know that diversity underpins excellence, and that we all share responsibility for creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. Therefore, in pursuit of our values, we seek employees who will work respectfully and constructively with differences across the organizational hierarchy in actualizing SBD’s priorities, goals and principles of equity and inclusivity._ If accommodation is required at any point in the recruitment process, please contact a member of our Recruitment Team. _Please note that as part of our recruitment process, candidates in the final stages will be required to complete a background check which may include a criminal background, credit and drivers abstract check.
Canada - Corporate
No. of Positions
Finance and Accounting
Featured Category on SBD Careers
Finance & Accounting
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Work Location: Multiple Locations