About the Job:
Our client has a requirement for an IMT Management Consultant, Strategist and Planner (Justice Digital Transformation Project) for a 5 Months (91 Days) Part-Time Contract opportunity for the Government of Alberta. The position is located in Edmonton, Alberta.
What makes this Special:
Our client has a prestigious reputation and excellent work environment. This position offers an opportunity for personal learning and to contribute to important initiatives that make a difference. Our client is actively screening resumes and scheduling interviews to fill this position, so let one of our professional resource managers represent you to the client, promote your skills, and help you prepare.
This initiative will result in a coordinated and modernized Alberta Justice Digital Service, finding the best organizational design, IT shifts and service transformations to improve access to justice for Albertans. While respecting judicial independence, and the unique roles of prosecutors, defence and others in the system, the justice sector requires modernization to make a fundamental change in efficiency in a post-Jordan decision world.
A contracted resource will provide strategy, digital leadership, organizational design, support for exemplar projects, as well as provide direction and hands-on leadership to IT, policy and program delivery teams in the sector. This work will have a sector-wide impact and timing is right for a renewed collaboration between the Ministry and the Courts. For the purposes of this contract, Resolution and Court Administration Services (RCAS) and the Digital Innovation Office (DIO, Executive Council) will lead this work, in collaboration with the Courts.
- Provide strategic, organizational design services to find the optimal, feasible configuration of resources to comprise a Justice Digital Service team, with accountability to deliver sector-wide transformation.
- Provide immediate support (direction and hands-on leadership) to IT resources, specifically in the Courts IT support group.
- Guide near term decisions on required platform replacement, cloud hosting, high level technical architecture to support improved service delivery and staff experience.
- Develop a digital strategy for the sector that is actionable, centred on citizen need, and results-oriented. The strategy will be developed using service design methods and modern technical approaches and opportunities (Agile software development, DevOps, cloud).
- Support and amplify the projects that the Ministry (RCAS) is currently undertaking with the DIO (Traffic Tickets Digital Service, Courtroom Digital Service)
- Work closely with justice system participants to understand challenges and opportunities. This includes Ministry (IT, policy, service delivery), Courts, defence and prosecution, corrections and enforcement, as well as a strong focus on citizens participating in the system.
Works with Senior and Executive Management in the Ministry to:
- Identify and advance information management and technology strategies that advance and/or support our core business in strategic areas.
- Facilitate collaboration of public sector, private industry, and other partners to identify and advance opportunities to improve existing services and/or identify, develop and advance opportunities for new and innovative information management and technology related services.
- Facilitate and manage the challenges associated with innovation and change.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Experience leading a government digital programme in a large-scale government environment (ex.: United States Digital Service, 18F, UK Government Digital Service, Ontario Digital Service, etc.) (3 Years Minimum Experience)
- Leadership-level experience working in the justice sector (Courts, Corrections, Prosecution, Police, Legal Services as well as Judiciary, Provincial Court, Supreme Court, and Court of Appeal), including demonstrated understanding of the roles and relationships between those bodies. (3 Years Minimum Experience)
- Experience facilitating collaboration with 2 of 3 of the following groups - public sector, private industry and the research community to identify and advance opportunities to improve existing services and/or to identify, develop and advance opportunities for new and innovative service delivery and technology related services. (8 Years Minimum Experience)
- University graduation in business, management, design or a related discipline and 4-yr related experience. (4 Years Minimum Experience)
- Is available to lead frequent (2 - 3 / week) meetings with clients and technical teams upon contract execution.
- Experience leading business process reengineering using service design methodologies. (4 Years Minimum Experience)
- Experience leading research, design and implementation of an end-to-end enterprise service transformation across multiple platforms and channels. (5 Years Minimum Experience)
- Experience developing all of the following: service blueprints, journey maps, prototype designs, business plans, program plans, strategic plans, tactical plans, operational plans, communication plans and road-maps. (5 Years Minimum Experience)
- Demonstrated experience leading custom software application development projects following agile methodology. (5 Years Minimum Experience)
- Demonstrated experience leading organizational change in a large-scale, complex environment. (3 Years Minimum Experience)
- Demonstrated experienced collaborating with and managing expectations of Senior Government Officials (Assistant Deputy Minister or higher or equivalent), providing documentation and resources required for business decision making. (5 Years Minimum Experience)
- Demonstrated business-level understanding (strategic and practical) of cloud, DevOps, modern digital architecture and emerging tools such as artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain, ideally with application in the justice sector. (3 Years Minimum Experience)
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- * Leadership-level experience working in the justice sector: 3 years (Preferred)
- business process reengineering using service design: 4 years (Preferred)
- leading research, design and implementation: 5 years (Preferred)
- leading a large government digital programme: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)