We are an award-winning and accredited not-for-profit that helps people and improves lives through a range of
programs and services. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and a rewarding,
stimulating work environment.
Reporting to the WorkBC Contract Manager, the Administrative Support 1 joins a multi-faceted team working in
accordance with the mission, vision and values of Beacon Community Services that make a difference in people’s
lives every day. The Administrative Support 1 assists the WorkBC team with reception, and data entry into the
Integrated Case Management (ICM) system.
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT 1 – RECEPTION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Create a professional and welcoming atmosphere within the Reception & Resource Centre areas.
2. Respond to enquiries and requests for information, either in person, virtually, over the phone, from clients,
general public, business community, government agencies and community agencies while observing
3. Direct people to appropriate services and resources and inform Counselling and Employment Services team
members when their clients arrive for meetings or require service.
4. Identify clients who may need crisis-care services and direct to Client Advisor – Intake Coordinator
5. Assist new clients to register for BCEID’s and Online Employment Services
6. Assist clients as needed in the self-serve resource centre
7. Maintain virtual and hard copy job boards, email virtual job leads, update social media, and maintain
Employer Data Base
8. Provide clients with photocopying and faxing assistance as required.
9. Attend and participate in team meetings, and all team-related activities and events occurring during
scheduled working hours
10. Provides vacation relief for other team members as required, and
11. Participate in ICM Training, webinars & other group training as advised by Director or Contract Manager
12. Assist in ICM data entry as required
13. Assist in Training, Referral and Feedback database follow up of EI clients
14. Hard copy client filing as required and maintain filing and up-to-date inventory of supplies required in office
15. Maintain working operation of multi-line telephone system, photocopiers, printers, and fax machines
16. Perform office administrative duties including correspondence and reports, ICM data searches, and managing
incoming and outgoing mail
17. Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum 2 years’ experience in reception and/or administration
Minimum 2 years’ experience in database use
Completion of recognized post-secondary business and/or administration courses or combination of work
experience and education
Knowledge of community resources
WHMIS Certification (to be renewed annually)
Clear Police Criminal Record Check
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent computer skills and experience, including internet familiarity
Facility and adaptability to use computer software including MS Office
Ability to prioritize
Excellent communication skills, with a focus on listening and comprehension & conflict resolution
Good organizational skills
Ability to assess priorities when dealing with the work-related needs of other team members
Focused on results and task completion
Cooperative and a team player
WE LIVE SAFETY!
The safety of our clients, staff and volunteers is a priority of Beacon Community Services. We promote
healthy and safe working conditions in all of our operations. We are committed to continuously improving
safety and it is essential to this position. We further support safety through the active participation and co-
operation of management, supervisors, workers and joint occupational health and safety committees.
All interested applicants can Apply Now! quoting the position vacancy number 2020-053. Please note only those
applicants who are selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.