Infrastructure Services provides services to 19 core government ministries, several Crown corporations and broader public sector organizations, and over 30,000 government employees. In support of government objectives to lower costs and improve service delivery, these clients have formed a partnership with Hosting Solutions BC to receive reliable and cost-effective services for the benefit of the citizens and businesses they serve across British Columbia.
The Intermediate Technical Analyst will provide technical and operational support for the Service Management environment utilized to support Advanced Solutions. This includes the full range of technical services e.g. installing and maintaining the ITSM application, managing and maintaining associated layered products, including providing application patch management.The Intermediate Technical Analyst will analyze, resolve and document incidents, requests, and problems; submit, assess, review, and implement change requests; participate in projects to implement or enhance IT architecture; investigate, analyze, document and resolve operational problems; work with clients to provide value-added and customer-centric service.
The Intermediate Technical Analyst will report to a Team Lead (SACM) and is expected to identify areas requiring improvement as well as performing installations, configuration, operation, maintenance and problem resolution of the ITSM components. The position handles multiple urgent and important priorities in parallel on a day to day basis in cooperation with internal and external service providers, contractors and clients.
Performs installation, configuration, maintenance, and problem resolution for ITSM environment:
- Implements and maintains ITSM applications and utilities;
- Identifies integration and reconfiguration requirements for ITSM to meet new/ changing application requirements;
- Evaluates configurations to maximize performance and availability, while minimizing costs;
- Provides an interface between customer technical staff and vendor support staff/ for the resolution of ITSM problems;
- Creates automated performance reporting routines; analyzing reports to identify resources shortages or excessive utilization;
- Leads and/ or installs and configures new upgraded modules on ITSM test-bed environments; tests and validates functionality and stability; resolves issues; installs into production;
- Diagnoses, prioritizes and resolves problems/ issues escalated by customers and other information systems staff to maintain service levels per SLAs;
- Liaises with application support staff to determine optimal system performance, stability requirements and confirms licensing for dedicated servers;
- Monitors industry/ vendor advisories; implements upgrades/ replacements to ITSM
- Develops procedures for operations personnel; monitors adherence to contract schedules and verifies satisfactory performance;
- Creates/updates detailed technical procedures for installs and operations guides; and
- Programs scripts and creates packaged solutions to automate processes.
- Analyses system performance and forecasts; identifies potential capacity issues and upgrade requirements; recommends upgrades/enhancements;
- Analyses, identifies, plans, and supports project requirements using research and technical expertise;
- Tests the compatibility of products with new or revised environments; researches options for elimination, replacement or alternate products;
- Identifies requirements for licensing changes;
- Collaborates with other service providers on general and specific operational issues and tasks in support of complex and challenging problems and requests.
Performs other related duties as required: (10%)
- Provides 2nd level applications support; provides technical guidance and assistance to internal teams;
- Communicates with Situation Manager and Team Lead on high severity issues; drafts technical communications appropriate for end-users;
- Collects and consolidate metrics for SLAs. Prepare charts and spreadsheets;
- Operates specialized media destruction equipment to degauss hard drives and tapes; and
- Provide technical and security reviews, assessments, tracking, and approval for change requests from clients, internal and external teams.
- Degree in Computing Science or a related field and 2 years of related experience; or
- Diploma in a related field and 3 years of related experience; or
- Certificate in a related field or program completion, or some course work, and 4 years of related experience; or
- 5 years of related experience
- Experience working in an enterprise ITSM environment;
- Demonstrated experience in ITsystems management and operations
- Experience working in teams.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience and skill supporting IT Service management environment (ServiceNow);
- Basic knowledge of ITIL framework (change management, incident management etc.);
- Knowledge of IT project management methodologies;
- Development lifecycles, installation, configuration, management, maintenance and problem resolution for enterprise ITSM , products
- Client-focused and flexible with a responsive approach and an ability to participate in multiple projects within tight, often conflicting deadlines;
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment while demonstrating excellent judgment and applying sound problem solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication;
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships at all levels;
- Ability to assimilate and apply new information in an fast-changing environment;
- High degree of initiative and self-motivation;
- Ability to monitor performance and accept accountability;
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience;
- Strong planning, organization, and coordination skills;
- Ability to build strong partnerships with stakeholders, while applying the concepts of teamwork and cooperation; and
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member with a strong focus on results.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $71,816.46 to $81,927.43 /year