Calgary Progressive Lifestyles Foundation (CPLF) is currently seeking a Supportive Roommate for a young female with a developmental disability and anxiety disorder.
The ideal candidate;
- Will be responsible to assist individual with home living activities, administering medication and ensuring the safety and wellness of the individual.
- Required to provide companionship as well as promote community inclusion.
- Should have a Canadian cultural background and be able to communicate well in English.
The ideal support home should have;
- Preferably detached or attached home (apartments and condominiums are unsuitable)
- No other supported individuals in the support home.
- Canadian cultural background (fluent in speaking, reading and writing English)
- Preferably located in NW, SE or SW of Calgary.
- Large bedroom.
- Bedroom should be on the main level or 1st level of the house.
- No tenants or rental suites in the home.
- No smokers in the home.
- Family home with habitual activities in the evenings and/or weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the activities outlined in the Individual Service Plan.
- Closely follow agency Philosophy and Values in all aspects of service delivery.
- Attend monthly support team meetings, bringing forward information or concerns regarding the individual clients’ service.
- Keep daily logs and documentation of activities.
- Assist with and/or accompany individuals to appointments as required.
- Ensure that the individuals’ health, safety, and wellbeing are maintained at all times.
- Assist the individual in any area they may require assistance in.
- Any other duties relevant to the position and individual’s needs as may be required.
- Ability to work with support team of 1 other person who will be working with this individual
Compensation: $3,000/month plus room and board (approximately an additional $500 /month): This income is Tax Free.
Qualifications: Experience working with Adults with developmental disabilities. More specifically, particular attention will be given to those who have experience working with psychosis and anxiety disorders.
Requirements: Police Clearance, Drivers License and insurance, Standard First Aid Certificate, References
Medication administration training and Crisis Prevention Intervention training will be provided at cost.
Please submit your resume for consideration.Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Potential start date of April 1, 2019. This position may require successful candidate to start earlier.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $3,000.00 /month
- Support Worker: 1 year (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- Fluent English (Required)