We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Lead Scientist to join our team in Fort St John.
We are a leading firm in the fields of environmental remediation, reclamation, and natural sciences throughout British Columbia. Our speciality is upstream oil and gas; however, we provide a broad array of environmental services with offices in Fort St John and Port Moody, BC.
The primary function of the Environmental Lead Scientist is to assist the Environmental Project Manager to plan and complete a project. The Environmental Lead Scientist may be responsible for project budgets, timelines, deliverables, completion of advanced field programs and preparation of technical reports. To maintain a direct connection to the field staff, work in the field will be required as determined by each project. This position provides direction to the Environmental Scientist and reports to the Environmental Project Manager or Environmental Client Manager.
Specifically, you will
- Become thoroughly knowledgeable with the project's contract documents, drawings, specifications and scope of work
- Support field operations in aspects which may include cost controls, planning, scheduling and estimating
- Complete technical report writing and signature on factual technical reports
- Maintain current knowledge with governing regulatory bodies as it applies to the OGC, MOE
- Manage data and file compilation for internal and client databases
- Review and resolve concerns regarding issues and performance of the project, to Project Managers
- Maintain billable targets as set by Supervisor
- Coordinate with and manage Contractors
- Coordinate and facilitate successful project deliverables
- Provide excellent levels of service to our internal and external clients and represent SynergyAspen Environmental and our clients in a professional manner consistent with corporate values and behaviours
- B.Sc. in Engineering (environmental, chemical, civil, mechanical, geotechnical), Geology or Environmental Science, Biology or equivalent
- Ability to be registered as a Professional (EIT, GIT, AIT, BIT, CET)
- 4-10 years’ industry experience, preferably within environmental consulting and/or upstream oil and gas
- Considerable knowledge of industry regulatory-accepted standards, guidelines, procedures, and practices
- Experience working in reclamation and/or remediation and/or natural sciences
- Knowledge of project execution activities such as planning, project controls, scheduling and costing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with junior and senior staff of multiple disciplines, within teams on various projects of differing complexity and work effectively with environmental subcontractors
- Work outside in adverse weather conditions, when required; travel for work in potentially remote locations, as needed per project demands
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail; Excellent communication and technical writing skills, and
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to learn
How to apply
To access the detailed Job Description and submit your application, please go to the Careers Page and open the “current Opportunities tab” at our Website: www.synergyaspen.ca
*No direct inquiries at this time please.
*We thank all interested applicants for their interest but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Oil And Gas: 4 years (Preferred)
- Environmental Consulting: 4 years (Preferred)