The City of Airdrie fosters a culture of accountability and values open dialogue, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative relationships, learning, ownership, and encouraging the heart. We are searching for another team member who will help us get to the next level.
We’re a place where you can grow. We’re a place where you’re encouraged to learn and be innovative. We’re a place where people take ownership and do what they say they’ll do. We’re a place where colleagues are friends and neighbours are customers. We’re a place where health, wellness and safety are top of mind. We’re a place where you just might be a perfect fit.
To be creative enablers of technology solutions and implementation resulting in improved efficiency and effectiveness of our customers. Train and support our customers in optimizing technology resulting in a highly-trained workforce.
As part of the IT Emerging Solutions department, this position will work collaboratively under the direction of the other Website Developers and Emerging Solutions Team Leader to support corporate initiatives.
- Maintenance and creation of web-based applications
- Front-end user interface design and creation
- Supporting existing web applications
- Evaluating and writing code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, properly structured and is compatible with common internet browsers
- Creation and maintenance of web development documentation
- Meeting with and gathering requirements from various stakeholders
- Server-side development
- SQL query creation
- Must have completed a web development diploma, certification program or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a web developer
- A thorough understanding of the following is required:
- HTML including W3C standards
- Server-side/client-side distinction
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Git workflow
- Progressive enhancement
- Accessibility standards (WCAG)
- UX knowledge
- The following would be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of at least one server-side language (PHP, ASP.NET, ColdFusion etc)
- An understanding of SQL queries
- Familiarity with a municipal government setting
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage tasks and deadlines
- Ability to simplify and convey complex business/technology concepts to clients
Along with a competitive compensation program and City paid health and dental premiums, our employees also enjoy:
- Excellent health, dental, paramedical, and benefits plan
- First-in-class pension plan
- Career development and tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts, annual adult Genesis Place pass, social events, and health & wellness initiatives
Continuous learning through training and development is encouraged as are flexible work arrangements, when possible. We recognize that our people work best when they feel engaged in their environment and are appreciated for their efforts and our overall benefits package reflects that.
This full time position (37.5 hours per week) includes a comprehensive benefits and pension package.
All candidates must provide a resume and cover letter and the cover letter must address the mandatory and preferred qualifications listed above.
Candidates are invited to apply online.
Postings close at 9 p.m. on the closing date listed in the posting. We recommend applying as soon as possible as we are not able to accept late applications.
Please review the job competition carefully and be sure to attach any specifically requested documentation in the My Documents section of your application.
Thank you for your interest in the City of Airdrie.