Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week:
Please note, this is a temporary full-time contract opportunity, covering a leave of absence with an expected end date of March 31, 2021. Secondments are welcome
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
Housing and Ancillary Services is committed to provide a first-class residence experience for over 5,300 Western students and high quality townhouse and apartment accommodation for upper year students, graduate students and families while supporting the academic mission of the University and ensuring profitability and cost effectiveness of the Housing operation. We provide thriving residence communities which engage our diverse student population.
Reporting directly to the Associate Director, Residence Admissions the Coordinator, Occupancy & Data Management, is responsible for coordinating and implementing processes which ensure that Western’s 5300 residence spaces are assigned with efficiency, accuracy and excellent customer service.
The incumbent also actively participates in marketing plans to ensure maximum occupancy of residence spaces by working collaboratively with Housing’s Marketing and Communications and other campus partners (i.e. Faculties, Registrar’s Office, etc.).
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Management & Organizational Studies, Statistics or Information and Media Studies
- Master's Degree in a related discipline such as Business Administration, Information and Media Studies is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Five years' progressive administrative management experience
- Two years' marketing/communication and project management experience
- Five years' progressive administrative management experience supporting a senior leader is preferred
- Experience in an academic setting or public sector organization is preferred
- Knowledge of data base management and post-secondary admissions processes
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to process information with a high level of accuracy
- Advanced computer skills including spreadsheet design, creative presentation design, work processing and database management
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Strong customer service skills to handle enquiries and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner
- Strong proofreading abilities with an excellent command of the English language
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects from conception to completion within tightly prescribed timelines
- Possesses a reputation of resourcefulness with a strong sense of accountability and initiative
- Solid financial understanding, working knowledge of accounting principles.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including managing competing priorities and an ability to adapt quickly to emerging priorities
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve department goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including report writing and confidence dealing with all levels of an organization
- Ability to establish effective working relations and partnerships with clients, peers and external stakeholders
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.