Epic Safety is a North Vancouver based company specializes in developing monitored, cloud-connected life safety devices for seniors. We are transforming the way seniors connect to their family and help providers in case of an emergency. We're building the most user-friendly and advanced devices and platform that brings peace of mind to seniors and their loved ones. At the moment, we need a great embedded hardware engineer to extend our existing team.
· Design analog/digital circuits, schematic, and layout
· Develop hardware schematic and PCB layout with Altium design
· Develop system/board architecture and execute implementation·
· Develop engineering documentation
· Design and implement firmware on embedded devices (ARM Cortex M0-M3-M4)
· Support the board layout activities and HW/SW integration activities
· Research and investigate electronic components for obsolescence issues, alternates, cost, environmental characteristics, and revisions
· Provide production and post-production support
· Bachelor or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent work experience
· Proficiency in analog/digital circuit design, schematic, and layout of electronics
· Minimum 1-year experience in Schematic and PCB Design
· Excellent Working knowledge of Altium Designer
· One year of experience in developing with a product team.
· Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting with embedded devices, including design and manufacture verification and board bring-up
· Solid low-level programming experience with C/C++
· Solid understanding of ARM microcontrollers and their system architecture, Interrupts, scheduling,
· Familiar with RTOS
· Familiarity with source control (GIT), and other tools for modern software development.
· Ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to new code bases
· Experience with optimizing code size for embedded systems
· Experience reading hardware schematics and doing board bring up
Nice to have:
· Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy
· Prior experience on health care hardware platforms
· Experience with sensors such as accelerometers
· Sub GHz communication
Come be a part of our diverse team! We are looking forward to your application.
*Please note that we offer competitive pay and extended health benefits
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent