Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service construction engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
- Work closely with senior purchasing agents to purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost in correct amounts per specifications and drawings with buyouts.
- Assist in the maintenance and review of computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance and inventories.
- Learn processes around the research and evaluation of suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
- Assist with the evaluation and monitoring of contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and determine needs for changes.
- Help prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and have a general knowledge of database utilization. SAP Experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management , business, engineering, supply chain management, or equivalent degree or military experience
- At least one-three years’ experience in an engineering and/or construction related role
- Basic knowledge of all areas of procurement, including procurement execution, estimating, expediting, offsite supplier quality, subcontract administration and site purchasing
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated with ability to effectively manage time
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.