We are looking for an experienced Front End / Full Stack Web Engineer who will work with our partner, Epic Games, building their websites. And yes! They’re the publisher of the popular game Fortnite.
You need to keep up with the progress of modern Web technologies like Node.js, React, ES6 and SASS, learn new things as soon as they come, be proactive and have an attitude and willingness to make things better using your knowledge, skills, curiosity and "spider sense".
You will be working in an engineering-oriented fast-paced environment, with minimal management and detailed task definition. You need to be a self-starter and be excel at making your own decisions and organizing your work according to the declared goals.
We are looking for multiple people and consider different levels of seniority.
We consider both permanent employment and contracts; remote or on-site at our office in Burnaby, BC.
- At least 3 years of Web Front End development experience; more experienced candidates are welcome
- Strong knowledge of React/Redux architecture
- Strong knowledge of HTML/CSS, animations, transitions, responsive design and browser specifics
- Comfortable with the Unix command lines
- Experience with a revision control tools, ideally from the command line: such as svn, git, p4
- Self-directed; able to own your work and not be spoon fed
- Must be a resident of Canada and be eligible to work in Canada
- Communicate with remote team members regarding the project requirements, priorities and progress
- Build community tools which will be used by game developers and gamers
- Support and improve the existing tools and services
- Make sure the code quality is good and improving
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience working with distributed teams
- DevOps experience - CI and deployments
- Understanding of and willingness to work according to agile manifesto spirit
- Familiarity with the video games industry and gamers community
- Diploma in C.S., Comp. Eng., or equivalent
Compensation commensurate with experience + benefits (HSA, Life Insurance).
- Please add a cover letter explaining your current situation, goals and how you fit the position
- Resumes in formats other than PDF will not be answered
- Contracting agencies need not apply
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- TypeScript: 1 year (Required)
- Web Development: 3 years (Required)
- React.js/Redux: 2 years (Required)
- Node.js: 2 years (Required)