Khalsa Forming Inc. is a leading concrete formwork company and has an opening for an Estimator to join our team.
Must be able to identify key infrastructure projects related to the concrete formwork for high-rise buildings, estimate and bid these opportunities, manage said projects to completion while maintaining appropriate document and financial controls.
- Plan and perform sales calls, appointments, and site visits.
- Target, qualify and pursue leads in accordance with company strategy and techniques.
- Create opportunities through a high volume of contact calls to targeted constituents.
- Track costs, estimating/quantity takeoffs.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with safety codes, or other regulations.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors under the guidance of the Lead Project Manager.
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Order or requisition materials or supplies.
- Scheduling events and activities as well as the work of others.
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish all the work.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Read Contract Documents such as drawings and specifications, to determine requirements or to plan procedures.
- Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- A background in estimating complex projects from detailed project drawings.
- Ability to develop clear scopes of work from detailed drawings.
- Field experience overseeing and managing complex jobs to completion over lengthy execution timelines.
- Experience in negotiating detailed contracts as an asset.
- Prior experience using industry project bid tools, can leverage relationships in local associations and has the ability to network and create opportunities by developing key industry connections.
- Provides accurate weekly forecasting, including deal value, along with project completion and bid status updates.
- Minimum of 3 years of construction estimating experience in commercial, residential construction.
- Use of Autocad & Plan Swift
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Build Company local reputation by representing the company in community and industry organizations.
- Familiar with Construction Equipment.
- Provides accurate weekly forecasting, including deal value, and status, as well as decision-makers and steps to close.
- Experience in and with professional construction services
- On-Screen Takeoff Programs, Excel Spread Sheets, CRM database experience
- Degree or Diploma in Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline is a must
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $46,800.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- estimating: 5 years (Required)