WORK & PLAY IN THE HEART OF THE KOOTENAYS!
Creston Veterinary Hospital is looking for a Receptionist to join our animal care team in our rapidly growing mixed animal practice.
In this administrative role, you will be responsible for admitting our animal patients, updating their records and client information, scheduling appointments, processing payments, and liaising between hospital departments. You may also be asked to help prepare prescriptions or provide home-care instructions to pet owners. Therefore, our reception team members must possess excellent problem-solving and organizational skills, compassion, a positive attitude, fine attention to detail, and excellent communication and teamwork skills. In addition, punctuality, professionalism, and computer skills are expected.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Check-in animal patients while gathering and certifying pet and owner information
- Answer and triage a high volume of phone calls from clients on a multi-line system while identifying and working compassionately with clients in various emotional states
- Manage record requests between other hospitals and specialty practices
- Maintain proper client and patient documentation in paper/electronic medical records
- Fill prescriptions with exceptional attention to detail and educate clients on their use and side effects
- Create computerized invoices and process payment and pet insurance transactions
- Create daily reports and prepare bank deposits
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of the reception area and assist in preparing exam rooms between appointments
- Perform other administrative tasks as required
- You are legally entitled to work in Canada
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one year of customer service job-related experience
- Must be able to restrain patients and lift inventory upwards of 30 pounds safely
- Basic math and writing skills
- Available to work some evening, weekend, and holiday hours
- Computer skills: must be proficient in Microsoft Windows, email, web search, and other skills needed to use the practice management software effectively. Cornerstone software experience is preferred but not required.
Total Compensation & Benefits
Full-time employees enjoy the following benefits after a 3-month probationary period:
- Extended health benefits package (100% medical, dental, & vision premiums paid for services not covered under our publicly-funded healthcare)
- Professional services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, and more)
- Employee assistance program
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid sick & personal days
- Generous veterinary discounts (75% off services for your own pets and an extended family and friends discount)
- Uniform allowance
Wage will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Part-time and full-time positions are available. Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in Reception and Customer Service roles and those with a background working with animals, particularly in the veterinary environment.
We look forward to hearing from you! For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Practice Manager Belinda Bouchot, at [email protected].
Application deadline: Friday, May 13, 2022
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook!