With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and life, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, and over 200 other quality standards, we're taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started a little over four years ago, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
Our Trust & Safety team is at the core of protecting Sonder and ensuring our long term success as a business. We're looking for a strong leader to organize our team around the key goal of minimizing fraudulent bookings and bookings that may result in damage to our apartments, disturbances for our neighbors, and risks to our employees.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Oversee all operations and processes related to fraud and the safety of our guests and employees
- Design, own and execute initiatives related to trust and safety. Tackle every sizable risk we can by building systems and processes to mitigate them.
- Develop internal risk score and use data to improve risk mitigation
- Manage, grow, staff, and develop a growing team of Trust & Safety Specialists
- Manage an ongoing flow of potentially fraudulent or at-risk bookings and inquiries
- Work with our internal tech team and 3rd parties to bolster our capabilities
- Engage with our city teams to support resolution of at-risk bookings
- Build, maintain, and deliver insightful reporting
- 7+ years of professional experience, ideally with some experience in an early/mid-stage startup with an operational focus.
- Experience in risk mitigation and/or trust & safety a plus.
- You have a strong desire and ability to deal with ambiguity in the absence of defined systems and processes - this is what you will be building!
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and collaboration skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You leverage data to develop and execute processes.
- Bachelor degree required
- Experience in consulting, banking, and an MBA are all preferred
- Must be located in Denver or Montreal
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
Depending on your location:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
- Daily catered lunches
- All the coffee you can imagine
- Snack-filled kitchen
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.