Beach Grove Golf Club is seeking a highly energetic professional to identify, qualify and attract memberships to the Golf Club.
Founded in 1929 and nestled in the heart of sunny Tsawwassen, Beach Grove is the only full-service Private Golf Club south of the Fraser River with a reputation for excellent playability year-round. Beach Grove is a family-friendly golf club providing excellent value for golfers of every skill level.
The Membership Salesperson will report directly to the General Manager of the Club and will be an individual with strong leadership skills which will be required to drive ambitious sales initiatives forward and engage new members with creative outreach.
This position will be Full time and includes a competitive compensation and benefits package. The targeted start date for the position is December 15th, 2019.
Sales and Marketing Responsibilities
- Responsible for selling golf club memberships
- Proactively generate leads for potential individual and corporate golf memberships
- Serve as the focal point for all golf membership inquiries and guide prospective members through the application process.
- Build rapport and lasting relationships with prospective and current members
- Proactively provides analysis of membership-related trends and communicates information to the General Manager and Membership Committee
- Host lead-generating events and workshops and other marketing activities
- Provide Club tours for prospective members and effectively articulate the benefits of membership and all associated costs and fees.
- Familiar with the golf industry and preferably a golfer.
- Previous sales experience in a Club environment preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Marketing Management or a related field is preferred
- Advanced computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Must have excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills and must be able to interact with all levels of guests in a professional and cordial manner.
- Exceptional organizational/problem-solving skills must be self-motivated and very detail-oriented.
- Driven self-starter who is adaptable to working with varied personality types
- Goal orientated and has a track record of meeting sales objectives and targets
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, energetic, personable and friendly disposition
- Strong time management skills and practices
- Flexible work hours may be required to meet with the Membership Committee, prospects, and existing members.
For all inquiries/submissions:
Interested individuals are invited to send their detailed resume and cover letter in strict confidence to
Chris Hugill, General Manager by November 29, 2019.
BGGC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. All responses will be held in strict confidence. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 5 years (Preferred)