This is an opportunity for a talented candidate to join a progressive and evolving product communications team that does so much more than just technical documentation. Our collateral is integral to all our products and a critical aspect of the overall user experience.
Here’s your chance to:
- Contribute to outstanding customer communication throughout our organization
- Develop a broad and varied suite of user documentation based on the latest help technologies
- Collaborate with product managers, user experience professionals, and development teams to implement market-leading user experiences within our documentation and across our products
- Participate in product reviews, internal training, and customer forums to enhance documentation and user experience, and address communication issues
- Apply the latest communication tools and concepts to help organize and present content for technical and non-technical audiences
- Define how our customers interact with, learn about, and discover product features
This is no run-of-the-mill technical writing position: as a member of our Product Communications team, you’ll collaborate closely with our amazing engineers, product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to help build our world-class platform. If you have the technical skills, experience, and personality to deliver stellar user documentation, we want to hear from you.
Other things to know
Reporting to the Product Communications Team Lead, this position is office-based in beautiful downtown Victoria, British Columbia, and involves occasional travel.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Three or more years of technical communication experience
- An ability to absorb and explain complex content for different audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with single-sourcing concepts and industry-standard authoring tools
- Post-secondary education (or equivalent experience) in a related field such as journalism, computer science, or communication
Note: Only candidates with legal status to work in Canada will be considered; preference will be given to candidates in the Victoria area.
Experience with any (or all!) of the following is also valuable:
- Guided onboarding strategies and mobile app help workflows
- Major incident management practices
- Agile development methodologies such as Scrum & Kanban
- Professional services, business analysis, or help desk/support
- User experience concepts and best practices
- REST APIs and/or developer portals
- Virtual training & eLearning development
- SaaS/cloud-based software
- Tools such as MadCap Flare, JIRA, Slack, Visio, Zendesk, Camtasia, SnagIt
What We Do & How We Do It
xMatters develops a cloud solution that connects insights from any system to accelerate essential business processes. Our extensible platform adds intelligent communication across the entire enterprise with automated, targeted communications to ensure that critical messages and notifications get through to the right people to get the job done.
On the development side, we’ve been Scrum/Agile zealots for over seven years, and we roll out new features weekly. Combined with our DevOps culture, the result is a very fast-moving engine that requires solid communication and documentation to continue to make our customers successful and happy.
Cool Culture: Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Modern offices in downtown Victoria BC, Canada
- Above-market compensation
- Full extended medical benefits, including dental and vision
- Strong belief in work/life balance (and we mean it)
- Opportunities to engage with xMatters community members and customers directly
- Annual health & wellness grant to spend on almost anything to improve your life
- Innovation is rewarded with glory and seriously great prizes
- Diverse, smart, and talented co-workers
- Collaborative, fun work environment, where laughing and learning go together
- Well-stocked kitchen with snacks, drinks, and ‘beverages’
- Generous employee referral program
- Fun days involving curling, Frisbee golf, billiards at the pub, and so on
Job Type: Full-time