The primary objective of this role is to provide exceptional customer service to our customers, maintain a clean and organized store/work space, and follow direction given by all levels of management.
The Store Clerk will be required to carry out but not limited to the following duties within the store.
- Serve customer in a timely manner;
- Provide friendly and helpful customer service;
- Process till transactions;
- Stock and face merchandise to company standards;
- Dust, sweep and other cleaning duties;
- Organize and stock coolers and freezers;
- Complete price checks;
- Complete lotto training and process lotto transactions;
- Check for valid government ID’s when selling age restricted products;
- Adhere in all internal policies;
- Communicate effectively with management and other team members;
- Maintain acceptable dress code standards;
- Follow Violence Prevention and Health & Safety Regulations as wet out by Work Safe BC;
- Report unsafe working conditions to management;
- Other duties as directed.
- Reports to Supervisor, Assistant Manager & Store Manager
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative
- Ability to follow direction and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrate ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Demonstrate ability to work on till with minor or no cash outages
A clean criminal record is required for this position.
Job Type: Part-time