Medical cannabis markets are rapidly expanding in Canada and around the world. Recreational cannabis is on the horizon. Now is your chance to join the largest, most recognized cannabis producer in the country as we set off to build something amazing, relying on established but ever-evolving brands.
Canopy Growth Corporation ("Canopy Growth") is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC) and part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries, including its flagship Tweed and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand, are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis. With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success and take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity. Our employees stem from a wide range of professional backgrounds; each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the Regional Distribution Center Supervisors, the RDC Line Leaders are crucial team players within Canopy Growths Supply Chain and are highly organized with proven team building and leadership skills that thrive in a fast-paced environment. The primary objective for a RDC Line Leaders is to plan, organize and lead the excise stamping and packaging equipment lines. Your comfort with technology, complemented by your excellent people skills and a hands-on approach, will enable you to add value to our customers. Our ideal candidate will have proven team building and leadership skills, will take pride in being detail oriented.
- Ensure safety and productivity of all team members
- Provide and maintain training for new and existing staff to develop a strong and diverse team
- Provide, maintain and enforce ongoing SOP training and compliance related practices
- Coach team to provide continuous workflow in a professional, team-oriented manner with emphasis on quality in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure all semi finished and finished goods product are accounted for correctly and efficiently throughout the process
- Understand and maintain machinery, systems and tools required to perform daily activities in assigned work space
- Report non-conformities and positive milestones to supervisor
- Develop professional and congenial rapport as liaison between your team, other teams associated with the group and management
- Assist operators and team members with daily duties as required
- Ensure team is aware of and following work instructions, daily schedule and goals to be met and or exceeded within the expected time constraints and quality practices
- Ensure the team members are informed of planned activities.
- Other duties as requested as we grow and expand
Experience and Background
- 2 years’ relevant warehouse, packaging and distribution supervisor experience
- Experience leading small teams in a warehouse environment
- Experience with inventory systems and processes, managing product inventory and troubleshooting discrepancies and problems
- Experience with automated packaging equipment considered an asset
- Understanding of warehouse processes and ability to supervise the process
- Strong problem-solving skills to resolve distribution challenges
- Strong technology skills, including Microsoft-Office, ERP systems, RF wireless handhelds, report preparation and multi-channel communication
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to safely operate and use assigned equipment and machinery
- Ability to work Days, Afternoons or Overnights as required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
This is a full-time position based out of Smiths Falls and will require shift work.
The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. All resumes will be maintained in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.