This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager, but takes daily direction from the Senior Shipper and Production Coordinator. The position is responsible for transporting goods, loading and unloading trailers and for various other related duties, as assigned.
- Represent Delta’s core values of Integrity, Service and Quality in relationships with both internal staff members and external customers and suppliers.
- Deliver product and assist mechanics with unloading the truck.
- Some deliveries may require being on the road as early as 4:00 a.m.
- Other deliveries may result in returning late, i.e., after 6:00 p.m. (Rare)
- Perform preventive maintenance checks on trucks.
- Operate manufacturing equipment such as a crane and forklift.
- Training for the equipment is provided.
- Keep trucks clean and arrange for repairs and maintenance with shops.
- Help with snow removal on winter mornings.
- Home every day, no overnight shipments.
- We use all our own trucks and trailers.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Benefits after 6 months, pension plan after one year.
- Good working conditions and atmosphere, safety conscious work space
- Must provide own steel toed boots, all other safety equipment and tools provided
Qualifications & Skills
- Must possess a valid AZ license and a clean driver’s abstract
- Physically capable (Parts can be heavy and need to be lifted and moved)
- Ability to work as a team player
- Self- motivated
- Ability to perform continuous work with occasional heavy lifting
Job Type: Full-time
- truck driver: 1 year (Preferred)