First Canadian Financial Group is an industry leader and national supplier of creditor group insurance, mechanical breakdown plans, aftermarket appearance protection, anti-theft protection, road hazard tire and rim protection products to automotive, RV, marine, and power sports dealers. We also offer more traditional insurance product offerings including employee group benefits and term life insurance. We market, underwrite, administer, and provide professional product and sales training for all of our programs. Celebrating more than 30 years as a privately chartered insurance company with over 250 employees nationally, our value proposition is to provide quality products and industry leading best practices to develop and grow the financial services departments of the dealerships that offer our programs. Our commitment is to maintain the highest level of professionalism and ethics. We are an A.M. Best rated company which is a global credit rating organization focused on the insurance industry and indicates that we are recognized for our financial stability and sustainability.
The Creditor Claims Supervisor (French Bilingual) reports to the Creditor Insurance Claims Manager and the Creditor Group Benefits Claims Manager. This position is located in Pointe-Claire, Quebec. This position is responsible for leading a team of Claims Examiners. The role is responsible for providing oversight and support through the adjudication process until file resolution and ensuring compliance of corporate best practices on all files. This role is also responsible for training and mentoring new hires to ensure success.
Hours of Work:
9:00am-6:00pm (Monday to Friday)
- Responsible for the training and development of Examiners.
- Assists in the training and development of all Coordinators.
- Provides active oversight and technical direction to Examiners on 300-400 active claims on letter writing, claims investigation, policy coverage, and financial liability.
- Acquires, analyzes, interprets and evaluates documentation including: medical, employment, government, financial and banking information.
- Reviews claim entitlement recommendations for creditor claim acceptance or denial, and provide financial and process oversight for Examiners.
- Provides ongoing entitlement assessments at critical stages of the creditor claim.
- Manage all initial communication escalations and service interventions with FCIC customers, customer representatives, and financial institutions.
- Monitors and manages daily work activity and task plans of both Coordinators and Examiners and intervenes on issues when customer service, file quality, or individual productivity are impacted.
- Monitors staff compliance with all procedures and practices for adjudication and management of claims.
- Supports managers with performance management of Coordinators and Examiners.
- Interacts openly, constructively, and respectfully with staff to establish rapport and to build trusting, professional working relationships.
- Proven and exceptional customer service skills with an ability to analyze and answer questions.
- Ability to identify the need for training and effectively create a plan to execute.
- Highly developed communication skills (verbal and written) with experience in customer and staff interaction.
- Inspires a culture that demands high quality and performance.
- Fosters a work environment where employees feel passionate about their jobs and are committed to the organization.
- Effectively plans for and reacts to changing in staff levels.
- Exceptional conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage stress and work under significant volume of workload,
- Positive minded, enthusiastic, friendly, cooperative and genuinely empathetic.
- Acts with integrity and bases judgements on evidence and defers judgement whenever evidence is insufficient.
- Is proficient in a variety of communication styles and uses the appropriate style that suits the message and the audience.
- Demonstrates work are cleanliness and organization.
- Medical Terminology certificate is required.
- Medical Office Assistant or Unit Clerk /Pharmacy, Dental Technician, or Paralegal experience is highly preferable.
- 1-3 years of experience leadership role in claims management which included training and development, coaching and mentoring, and active performance management, is preferred.
- 2 year Certificate / Diploma – Business Administration, Management, Insurance/Legal/Risk is preferred; other academic equivalencies may be considered.
- Proven business professional letter writing is required.
- Knowledge of the principles of disability assessment, vocational and rehabilitation programs, is preferred.
- Knowledge of industrial, commercial, and professional occupations, is preferred.
- Fluency in English and (French) skills both verbal and written business communication is required.
- PC literate, fully systems competent with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Keyboarding / typing skills of 50+ wpm (error free).
At First Canadian Financial Group, we pride ourselves on being family oriented and socially responsible. We offer developmental opportunities for employees that demonstrate exceptional skill, a positive attitude, proficiency, loyalty and commitment. We have a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, dental, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, long term disability, an RRSP Plan with a matching Deferred Profit Sharing Plan, and corporate discounts.
Thank you for considering our organization.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Accommodations available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Terminology: 1 year (Required)
- Leadership: 3 years (Preferred)
- French (Required)
- English (Required)