The Category Administrator is responsible for supporting and achieving Farm Boy’s vision, and maximizing sales and profitability. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy vision, mission, and the Farm Boy Way.
Category & Product Administration
- Perform updates and regular maintenance on the Product Manager site to ensure accuracy of listings and product information, item cost or retail, categorization, location status management, etc.
- Manage administration of new items, product rationalization, cost and product changes, changes to supplier agreements, etc.
- Liaise with existing and potential suppliers, with regards to actioning product listing, schedule arrangements, trade agreement completion and updates, contact updates, etc.
- Support product listing process for new items, including verification in the POS and Product Manager systems as well as Product Launch document communicated throughout company departments.
- Process weekly and monthly advertising and specials costing activities.
- Respond to supplier inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform administrative and clerical duties such as preparing reports in MS Word and Excel, photocopying, faxing, filing, updating Farm Boy directories and authorized supplier listings, preparing retention files, prepare binders for distribution, etc.
- Perform administrative duties associated with compliance audit results from various governing bodies.
- Liaise with Business Support team to address and close issues reported from Stores, Warehouse and Central Production with regards to products and/or suppliers.
- Work with Finance Department on the invoicing and collection of funds when necessary regarding Trade Agreement incentives.
- Work with suppliers to address Farm Boy Warehouse receiving issues such as: credit requests, product returns, shelf life expectations.
- Coordinate all aspects of weekly store demos including product selection, supplier liaison, store level communication instructions and direction, event recap and applicable expense recovery from vendors.
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of department operational policies, procedures and process.
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis (i.e new store procurement set-up).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Typically requires completion of a post-secondary office administration program plus 2 to 3 years of experience in an office setting with administrative responsibilities or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A passion for food retailing and people.
- Solid retail experience.
- Sound knowledge of business practices.
- Good knowledge of retail industry and food products.
- Superior standards of quality.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and interact with employees on all levels.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Good judgement and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience working with various computer software programs (i.e Microsoft Suite).
- Clear and effective communication style, both written and oral.
- Impeccable organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining priorities and a high level of performance.
- Fluency in English and French shall be considered an asset.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time