I Have A Chance Support Services Ltd.Provides support to people that require assistance due to a physical or mental health disability. IHAC was founded in 1987 and is looking for a Program Manager to join our team! We are looking for a strong leader who has extensive experience in the human services field and has a strong business background. Are you a people person? Are you passionate about leading a team to success? Can you work well under pressure? We might just be looking for you!
Responsibilities and Duties
The Role of a Program Manager working closely with the CEO will develop and maintain a dynamic environment dedicated to continuous quality improvement such as:
- Develop, review, and modify the general IHAC orientation, site-specific orientation, Medication Administration orientation, and Health & Safety orientation.
- Coach employees, supervisors, and managers in best practices (i.e. Community Disability Services, Health & Safety).
- Provide, facilitate, or encourage employee development through ongoing training opportunities (in-house, external, on-the-job, and equipment orientations) and training packages.
- Maintain positive public relations and create a positive, respectful work environment.
- Develop, review, and modify IHAC’s Policies & Procedures Manual and forms.
- Ensure policies, procedures, and forms promote consistent interpretation and application of practices.
- Ensure compliance with provincial and federal privacy legislation, labour standards/law, contractual obligations, Accreditation Standards, Supportive Living Accommodation Standards, and the Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulation, and Code.
- Prepare IHAC for Accreditation Survey's (specifically CAC), and Accommodations Standards inspections. (Required)
- Ensure completion of all documentation concerning planned procedures and restrictive procedures from conception through implementation (e.g. ABC trackers, Functional Assessments, etc.).
- Participate with the CEO to develop strategic business plans to meet planned goals.
- Act as an on-call resource for emergency situations after hours as required.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Legislation and responsibilities.
- Participate in employee Accident/Incident Investigations.
- Assist with employee debriefing following serious incidents/accidents.
- Ensure annual surveys are completed and results are analyzed and communicated (i.e. Client Feedback Survey, Guardian Feedback Survey, Employee Satisfaction Survey, Health & Safety Survey, Residential Program Review, Day Options Program Review, and the annual Rights Discussion).
- Complete, analyze, and communicate results of trends, statistics, best practices, and information obtained from research.
- Continually evaluate available resources and training opportunities, practices, and developments in Community Disability Services, legislation, and standards.
- Develop IHAC promotional materials including brochures, information packages, and website information.
- Be willing to travel occasionally to support IHAC operations in Northern Canada and Ontario.
Qualifications and Skills
- Clean Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Degree In Social Work, Business Management or Related Field (Required)
- 5+ years’ experience in the field of Community Disability Services/Mental Health. (Required)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, supported by well-developed advisory, mentoring, and teaching skills.
- Strong knowledge of provincial and federal labour and privacy laws and standards.
- Sound MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Well-developed skills in verbal and written communication, research, and data/trend analysis.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Strong Leadership and Facilitation Skills.
What IHAC Can Offer You
- Amazing Work Schedule to Promote Work Life Balance! Monday to Thursday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM Friday 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM
- Competitive Starting Compensation of $75,000 - $80,000 Per Year Depending on Experience and Education.
- 100% Employer Paid Benefits With a Generous Health Spending Account
- Generous Paid Time Off
- FREE Employer Paid Meal While Working
- Employee Appreciation Days Each Year
- Fun and engaging workplace!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Policy Procedure/Accreditation: 1 year (Required)
- Management: 5 years (Required)
- Disability Services/Mental Health: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Stony Plain, AB (Preferred)
- Alberta Class 5 Operator’s License (Required)