Arthon is looking to fill a full-time, permanent Operations Administrator for our head office in Kelowna. The Operations Administrator is required to have relevant post-secondary accounting education. The chosen candidate is expected to show discretion, stay organized, multitask, and adapt in what is often a fast-paced environment. This role reports directly to the Director, Special Projects.
- Post-secondary administrative/accounting certificate such as:
- Office Management Certificate
- Business Administration Certificate
- Basic Accounting Certificate
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner
- Certified Payroll Manager
- Office Assistant Certificate, and; * Minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative role
- Mid-level or higher Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- 60 WPM typing speed
- Organized, adaptable, accurate, and detail oriented with strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- On-the-job training is provided
- Administration-related post-secondary education
- Experience with Explorer Eclipse software
- Experience with project and job costing
- Construction and/or mining background
- Administration – Provide proactive administrative support to Arthon’s operations at the head office and all other project sites. Support involves reception, business correspondence, organizing travel and accommodations, arranging for testing or courses, maintaining inventory of consumables and stationery, participation in facilities management, document and data control, participation in the planning of company events, filing, meeting minutes and agendas, creating and maintaining relationships, and more.
- Operations – Support Senior Management Team, Human Resources Manager, Health and Safety Manager, Purchasing Manager, Superintendents, Site Administrators, and other operations management and staff on various projects. Support includes duties such as bidding and estimating, logistics, hiring and recruitment, purchasing (including creation of purchase orders), and assisting team members to meet deadlines.
- Marketing -– Assist in design and creation of ads, marketing materials, forms, company-branded supplies and materials, monthly newsletters, decals, etc. Participate in the maintenance of websites, Google business accounts, and other social media accounts.
- IT – Assist with basic IT-related questions, purchasing of hardware and software, support requests, and troubleshooting.
- Facilities – Assist in management of access to building and office. Arrange for service and repairs to appliances, HVAC, lighting, furniture, etc. Schedule yearly checks on extinguishers, emergency lighting and other safety systems. Maintain organization of office. Liaise with cleaning staff.
- Safety – Assist with document formatting and development.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the organization by complying with legal and waste management requirements.
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish the job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Be conversant with relevant sections of the HSE Program.
- Understand WorkSafeBC acts and regulations, as well as the Health, Safety and Reclamation Code for Mines in BC.
Arthon offers a competitive benefits package and fair compensation as well as RRSP matching. This position is full-time on a one-year term, starting as soon as possible. The exact schedule is negotiable upon hiring.
To apply, qualified applicants should email a copy of their resume and reference “Operations Administrator” – no faxes or phone calls please. This listing closes Friday, November 22, 2019. Only candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Administration: 3 years (Required)