- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 3+ years professional experience in software development.
- Experience in software design.
- Experience supporting complex enterprise-grade software systems.
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: Java, C++ or C#.
Are you ready to solve complex scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges in cloud computing? Are you the sort of person who thrives in an environment where you are inventive every single day because no one has done what you’re doing before? Our team owns customer billing and the associated cost management products for one of the world's largest billing platforms. We sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we build relationships with teams across AWS to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience. We take inputs from these services and merge them with the millions of events every second to produce actionable insight to our customers.
We are seeking talented software development engineers to join the AWS Insights team as we build one of the largest and fastest growing billing platforms in the world. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, growth opportunities and an exciting and team-oriented atmosphere. We build systems that process accounts at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and high-demand availability.
What would I do?
- Define and deliver large multi-tiered distributed software applications.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and roll out system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and consistency with development goals and principles.
- Independently design, code and test major features, as well as collaborate with other team members to deliver creative solutions to solve complex business and technical challenges.
- Collaborate in an exciting environment with multiple teams in a dynamic entrepreneurial organization.
- Improve the customer experience by providing cost, usage, and analytics to help millions of customers manage their cost more efficiently.
Do I have the right stuff?
- You have an extraordinary sense of ownership and a real passion for writing extraordinary software.
- You have extensive experience as a Software Developer including experience with multi-tiered solutions, database interactions, UNIX/Linux and support of production applications.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You exude leading edge software engineering practices including good design documentation, source control, unit testing, peer code-reviews, and object-oriented design / coding skills
What do I get out of this?
- Work with some of the most talented and innovative professionals in the industry and you will be empowered to engineer state of the art software services that are used by millions of people worldwide
- As an Amazon engineer, you get to drive the full life-cycle of your systems and solve challenging problems at "Amazon Scale"
- With over 40+ teams in Vancouver an growing, Amazon offers excellent career and growth opportunities in exciting team-oriented atmosphere
- A new Amazon office in downtown Vancouver with hundreds of world class software development professionals
- Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable systems.
- Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
- A Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Technical leadership experience.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience working under scrum framework.
- Experience interfacing with other teams, including customer support and operations.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation