POSTION: Advanced Marine Lake Belwood – Service Advisor
BUSINESS UNIT: Service Department
REPORTS TO: Service Manager, Advanced Marine Lake Belwood
JOB OVERVIEW: Service Writer will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer service philosophy and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making phone calls and sending electronic communication, using Dealership software to schedule, invoice and facilitate vendor relations. This role supports the Service Manager & team members of the service department.
This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
· Confirm marine problems & services by listening to customer’s description of symptoms; clarify description requests; conducting equipment inspections; understanding recommended maintenance schedules; convey diagnose process.
· Verifies warranty & service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
· Develops estimate by costing parts, materials, supplies and labour.
· Prepares work orders by describing symptoms, problems and causes known; as well as request repairs & services; obtaining approval signatures; entering work orders into dealership management software.
· Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of equipment; obtaining customer’s approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers & full customer file information.; answering questions & concerns; arranging pick-up & deliveries when required.
· Maintains marine work order records by ensuring full accurate technician, parts, service notes/reports relating to services, repair actions & part requirement.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturer’s publications.
· Schedule service jobs by understanding shop flow & technician efficiencies; anticipates and coordinates demands and expectations of customer’s completion expectations.
· Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishment new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Establishes and builds dealership departments to improve & maintain demands to completion of jobs/work orders.
· Contributes to the logistics related to staging, ordering and picking required parts, supplies and materials; understand rigging requirements and best practices of accessories and equipment.
· Positively communicates with Service Manager to improve department daily functions and overall profitability.
· Will work scheduled shifts, within the standards outlined by the Ontario Employment Standards Act and directed by the Service Manager. Saturday’s are required.
· This is an hourly position that is full time as demanded by the available work load available to Advanced Marine Lake Belwood.
· Must maintain uniform standards as outlined by Advanced Marine Lake Belwood management.
· Must perform work in accordance to Health and Safety procedures and maintain safe working conditions and use best practices.
· Proven Administrator experience.
· Knowledge of production scheduling.
· Customer relationship building and management, including telephone, electronic & in person interpersonal interaction.
· Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
· Experience working independently and meet deadlines
Education and Skills:
· Detailed working knowledge of small engine and marine equipment.
· Grade 12 or equivalent.
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
· Strong listening and networking skills.
· Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters.
· Strong attention to detail with strong problem-solving skills.
· Comfortable working knowledge of computers and basic software programs.
· Valid Class G Driver’s License.
· Customer Focused
· Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude
· Relationship Building
· Communicating Effectively
· Personal Effectiveness
· Initiative & Innovation
· Team Player
· Business Perspective
· Lift up to 50 lbs.
· Excellent manual dexterity.
· Good hand-eye coordination.
· Excellent physical fitness – kneeling, stooping, turning, twisting and working in cramped or uncomfortable positions.
REVISED: January 31, 2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /year