The goal of any company in the world is to sale as much of their product or service as possible. It is the job of a Corporate Sales Manager to ensure that the company maintains a number of sales that is necessary to survive and making a profit. Corporate Sales Managers establish goals regarding sales based on real data. They are also in charge of overseeing all sales activities and establishing strategies that will help the company meet those goals.
Once the plan has been established, it is also the responsibility of the Corporate Sales Manager to analyze if it’s working by evaluating results. If the results are not as expected they need to take a step back and change the strategy and repeat the process until they find the best way to bring revenue to their company.
Corporate Sales Managers may be employed in a wide variety of settings and locations, the most common being businesses, manufacturing companies, and other forms of industries specialized in the selling products, goods, or services.
Here’s a non-exhaustive list of common tasks Corporate Sales Managers are required to complete.
- Overseeing and coordinating all activities and operations of the sales department:
- coordinating the activities of a sales team in order to build a healthy and profitable relation with buyers and other associates;
- assigning members of the team to the company’s accounts;
- devising new and original strategies and techniques necessary for achieving the sales targets;
- setting weekly, quarterly, monthly, and annual sales targets for the Sales Executives and other Sales Representatives, making sure these targets are realistic and achievable;
- defining and implementing sales policies and procedures;
- approving all sales plans and budgets.
- Researching and identifying sales opportunities, generating leads, and targeting potential clients:
- Looking for and establishing contact with prospective customers and clients for their company; and
- acting as a company representative in trade shows and other related events.
- Developing, maintaining, and improving relationships with key accounts to maintain a high level of service and client loyalty.
- Meeting with other company Managers to ensure that business objectives are being properly executed and are on schedule.
- Liaising with the Marketing department in order to create a more thorough and effective sales campaign and strategy:
- Putting together a team formed by a Project Manager, Product Designers, technical experts, and other professionals to help develop a marketing plan that would benefit both the client and the company; and
- carrying out brand promotion.
- Overseeing the recruitment and training processes of new staff members:
- Monitoring the performance of teams and sales goals;
- reading and evaluating the staff’s sales reports; and
- ensuring that each team member meets individual goals, as well as the overall sales goal of the company.
- Keeping up-to-date on current market changes and trends to be able to come up with new and original sales strategies:
- Staying updated in the latest trends in sales by regularly reading specialized literature and attending workshops and seminars; and
- keeping track of the competition and all new trends and products in the market.
- Planning and organizing Sales staff daily work schedule.
- Focusing sales efforts by studying existing and potential needs of clients.
- Developing, maintaining, and improving relationships with key accounts.
- Writing and submitting daily sales reports.
- Setting sales targets for Sales Executives and Representatives.
- Keeping up-to-date on current market changes and trends.
- On-site parking
- Wellness programs
- Bonus scheme
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.00 /hour
- management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Sales: 5 years (Preferred)