Established in 2002, Zafin is the award-winning global leader in cloud-based product and pricing solutions for banks, enabling its clients to create and execute innovative products and propositions to respond to market challenges and opportunities at speed. The company is transforming the banking industry—catalyzing core modernization and digital transformation strategies, enabling improved customer experiences, driving revenue, and increasing operational efficiency across the globe. Zafin’s platform is proven. The company has high impact installations in place delivering value at more than 30 banks worldwide.
Zafin is privately owned and operates out of multiple global locations including North America, Europe, and Australia. Zafin is backed by significant financial partners committed to accelerating the company’s growth, fueling innovation and ensuring Zafin’s enduring value as a leading provider of cloud-based solutions to the financial services sector.
Zafin is proud to be recognized as a top employer. In Canada, UK and India, we are certified as a “Great Place to Work”. The Great Place to Work program recognizes employers who invest in and value their people and organizational culture. The company’s culture is driven by strategy and focused on execution. We make and keep our commitments.
What is the opportunity?
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Engineering, we are seeking a Product Owner to become a key part of our Agile development team and help to manage the product from conception to completion. If you like working in a highly collaborative environment and have a demonstrable track record of supporting software development projects in a Product related role, this position is for you.
Location: Toronto, Canada
What will you do?
- Own, define and prioritize the backlog, write user stories, and establish acceptance criteria while making sure the product meets business priorities and maintains technical integrity.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, product management team and cross functional development teams to manage expectations and create a realistic roadmap.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure their understanding of product goal and requirements, attend and facilitate Agile ceremonies as required.
- Become a SME of the product and go-to person for development teams for any product related question from the requirements definition phase and until delivery.
- Work closely with support and QA to collect and analyze defects, prioritize, and ensure target functionality is fully understood.
What do I need to succeed?
- Bachelors/Masters degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 8 years of proven experience as a Product Owner or in a similar role.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Banking or Finance domain.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and experience supporting Scrum teams.
- Analytical mindset, ability to identify gaps and find creative solutions with attention to details.
- Ability to represent customer needs and work with cross functional teams to enhance the business value of the product.
- Sufficient technical acumen and ability to efficiently communicate with developers and technical architects.
- Willingness to learn required concepts/tasks to succeed in the role.
- Ability to work in a complex and changing environment, prioritizing work, and taking decisions.
Nice to have:
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience using Confluence, Jira (or another Agile tool)
What's in it for you?
If you work with us, we expect you’ll show the spirit, drive, and intellect that makes you great. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits, and excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth. If you believe you are up for the challenge, please apply.
Zafin welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.