The Senior Project Accountant position is field work on pipeline construction projects. As a member of the Midwest Team, this position will work with the Midwest Team in establishing the Company as a leader in the pipeline industry through execution excellence and building strong relationships at all levels of Project delivery.
Teamwork and Relationships:
· The Project Accountant must represent the organization in professional manner.
· Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to safety and quality.
· Gain knowledge on pipeline construction techniques, project organization and pipeline standards and specifications to be more efficient at work.
· Participate in training and development appropriate to the position.
· Develop short- and long-term goals with your supervisor.
· Develop and maintain Subcontractor and Vendor relationships
· Direct supervisor in the field will be the Project Manager.
· Provide support in the execution of work by attending site and Client meetings.
· Responsible for ensuring all subcontractors are prequalified and have subcontract agreements in place.
· Receive and cost all daily tickets for subcontractors and vendors and ensure project costs are accurate and up to date.
· Work with Buyer’s administrator to ensure cost coding is accurate and accruals are timely.
· Ensure that all POs are captured in the accounting system in a timely fashion to provide accurate financial reporting, and avoid backlogs.
· Ensure that all cost accruals are accounted for in the system.
· Provide subcontractor budget status updates to the Project Team.
· Work with the Subcontractor Coordinator to administer the subcontractor Change Orders.
· Work with the subcontractors to ensure that the priced daily field tickets are submitted in a timely fashion.
· Administer the Subcontractor Progress Billing process and ensure that all subcontractors are following the project invoicing schedules.
· Monitor project progress against approved budgets and performance daily, review and provide input when necessary on all financial forecasting and progress reports.
· Actively participate in identifying any changes to the scope of work, schedule and cost.
· Work with the Office Manager to ensure that all eligible third-party costs are being billed to the Client.
· Supervise both the Intermediate and Junior Accountants.
· Assist Project Manager in the progress billing process.
· Participate in the project audits as required.
· Develop and maintain Client relationships.
· Develop and maintain Subcontractor and Vendor relationships.
· Foster positive and collaborative Client / Contractor relationships that mutually benefit the outcome of projects.
· Support and promote a culture of safety performance throughout the organization.
· Focus on continuous safety improvement within the areas of leadership and front-line supervision.
· Support the quality initiatives in the Company.
· Support the Environmental initiatives in the Company.
Application Deadline: 2020-05-29
Job Types: Full-time, Contract